Greetings and felicitations from Minnesota!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Versatek6

Reaction score
I was scouring the web for various bits of information and help, and a lot of mentions from other fora kept pointing to this site. As a new FJR owner, this seems to be the place to spend a little time to learn about my new bike, and perhaps make an occasional contribution.

My rides are a 2003 DL1000 V-Strom I purchased new, and a low-mileage 2007 FJR1300 I acquired this month. I don't know if I will get many (any?) miles on the FJR this season as the snows seem to be starting. My wife and I are looking forward to doing more day trips, and if we get brave, maybe one out to Spokane to visit family.

Looking forward to getting to know folks here. Thanks!
V6

Congrats on the FJR!  Yes!  Indeed!  It begs to be ridden long distances so don't disappoint it!

Welcome, you got the pretty one (Dark Cherry). My low mile 07 (115,000) still works just fine. It does have some nice suspension up grades.

Greeting, from another local rider from Blaine. 

NBB

Welcome, you got the pretty one (Dark Cherry). My low mile 07 (115,000) still works just fine. It does have some nice suspension up grades.
Actually, it's the bluish silver. I saw one of the bright blue for sale, which is probably my favorite color for this bike, but this one was a better deal.

I've got almost 100K to catch up to you!

Greeting, from another local rider from Blaine.
We were near there last week on our trip! Took 47 up toward Mille Lacs. If you saw an overloaded yellow V-Strom, that was us.

Welcome to the forum V6.

Old Man Winter isn't here just yet. so don't be too hasty in winterizing it.  
It looks like we're due for four days of nice late this week. Let's make use of them!

Make sure to have the recalls checked by the dealer. He should be able to tell whether they have been done or not.

Ride safe, Dave