Greetings and Intro from New FJR1300 Owner

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi there, I'm Peter from Danville CA and just got my 2022 FJR1300, getting her setup and doing the break in run. Hope to learn more about the bike through this forum. I've been riding for a decade on an ST1300 and Kawi ZR7S and just recently returned to riding after a long break. Looking forward to doing some mixed highway and back road riding in California and southern Oregon.
Hi Peter. I’m a new (older 2006) Fjr owner too. Had an 8 year riding lapse. Have fun and good luck!

Hi Pete, I did find that to put a little more pressure in the front tyre🇬🇧 41psi gave me better slow corner feel than 36psi.

It is also said to benefit tyre wear.
Good luck
John👍

Hey Pete from Central Washington. New 2022 here also. Just did a four day ride down to John Day and Bend, primarily through Wallowa-Whitman national forest and Umatilla National forests. Beautiful country and motorcycle roads you have down there.

The FJ is just a rock star of a motorcycle in every regard. Only critique I would mention is the stock seat gets a bit uncomfortable after four full days in the saddle. You might want to check out an aftermarket seat. Just me.

Enjoy my friend. Be safe.

I meant to say John Day and Bend Oregon. Not sure if you were familiar with the central Oregon area. Beautiful country. Have fun.

Welcome Peter! My name is Art Miller and we are neighbors. I. am in San Ramon next to the Bridges Golf Course. I ride a 2014 FJRES and would love to meet you and introduce you to a few of my riding pals. You can contact me by email at; artmiller2@yahoo. com or cell phone; 925-967-3738. Hope to meet you soon.

Welcome to the forum, Peter! There is another member, Russ/russperry, near you and Art... I think he's in Pleasanton or thereabouts. Maybe the three of you can get together and go for a ride... lots of choice in the Bay Area! ;)

Hi there, I'm Peter from Danville CA and just got my 2022 FJR1300, getting her setup and doing the break in run. Hope to learn more about the bike through this forum. I've been riding for a decade on an ST1300 and Kawi ZR7S and just recently returned to riding after a long break. Looking forward to doing some mixed highway and back road riding in California and southern Oregon.

Peter, delighted to have you here!

I'm also looking to do some long distance riding. I've about given up on the Iron Butt Society 50cc (50 hours cross country), but I am planning a camping trip to Omaha and back! Some "free" campsites along the way but mostly KOA. If you take some long rides, be sure to post pics so the rest of us can see what you're up to!
Safe Travels, -- StratTuner