Greetings and salutations

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@credman Are you new to the FJR too, or have been riding it for a while?
I sold my 2000 Concours in 2020 and bought a brand new 2015 FJR with 23 miles on the clock from a dealership in the spring of 2020. I have ridden the bike about 8k miles since then and really enjoy the bike. I have done a few mods to it ; a Givi top box, bar risers and heavy grip ends, and installed cat back Delkevic titanium exhaust.

I sold my 2000 Concours in 2020 and bought a brand new 2015 FJR with 23 miles on the clock from a dealership in the spring of 2020. I have ridden the bike about 8k miles since then and really enjoy the bike. I have done a few mods to it ; a Givi top box, bar risers and heavy grip ends, and installed cat back Delkevic titanium exhaust.
20 years on the Concours? Awesome! You beat me by three years on my first (2003) FJR, which I sold in 2020 to get a very nice 2006 with 7K miles on her. Enjoy your rides!

A lot of people like the Concours and I would have one of those if I had room. Kind of a pain in the back side to work on

Kind of a pain in the back side to work on

The later generation (2008+) is definitely harder to work on than the FJR, but the 2000 Concours was a piece of cake. I had one for about 40K miles.