Greetings from Cumming GA

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigE

Reaction score
Hello Folks, I am excited to join the forum and meet other FJR riders from the area. I have been riding for well over 20 years (yeah I am a little bit older - over 50) but only bought my 2013 FJR last year Feb. She is still factory original except for the GIVI top case/bracket, frame sliders and aftermarket windshield. Really love my FJR. Looking forward to warmer weather to go ride and meet fellow FJR owners!

Attachments

• FJR.jpg
    FJR.jpg
    681.1 KB · Views: 6
Welcome, youngster! Greetings from Buffalo, MN. I am riding a 2005 FJR I bought new, and have over time set it up to "fit" me. I have a Laam seat (he is great to work with), bar raisers, oversized windshield, extra insulation under the gas tank, touring pegs, magnum blaster horn, upgraded chain tensioner, an outlet for a heated jacket, and battery tender among a few other things. I have been asked why don't I upgrade but there just are not enough changes to the new FJR's and mine is set up for me the way I like it, and I have too many custom items on the bike.

Attachments

• 093D1F56-5519-4D35-A3AD-CEDA993B4BDE.jpeg
    093D1F56-5519-4D35-A3AD-CEDA993B4BDE.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 7
Welcome, youngster! Greetings from Buffalo, MN. I am riding a 2005 FJR I bought new, and have over time set it up to "fit" me. I have a Laam seat (he is great to work with), bar raisers, oversized windshield, extra insulation under the gas tank, touring pegs, magnum blaster horn, upgraded chain tensioner, an outlet for a heated jacket, and battery tender among a few other things. I have been asked why don't I upgrade but there just are not enough changes to the new FJR's and mine is set up for me the way I like it, and I have too many custom items on the bike.
Youngster - lol. I don't hear that one often :) Thank you wftreg! Your FJR still looks in like new condition. Lots of upgrades and I agree - why upgrade if you are still happy with what you have. Hoping that I too will be able to ride mine for 17 years. Now that you mention it, I totally forgot to mention that mine also came with the battery tender connector, handlebar risers (MCL Sport Touring), a set of foot pegs forward-mounted for highway riding and Sargent seats. I ordered the FOBO 2 TPMS and will be installing it soon.

Welcome from the Big Apple and congrats on your new ride. Enjoy! In this neighborhood you're definitely the new "Kid" on the block. ;)

Welcome from Nashville TN! I lived in Atlanta for 8 years - no car, 3 cycles during that time (Victory plus 2 BMW). Let me know if you want to meet up sometime - hit the Tail of the Dragon maybe.

Welcome from Nashville TN! I lived in Atlanta for 8 years - no car, 3 cycles during that time (Victory plus 2 BMW). Let me know if you want to meet up sometime - hit the Tail of the Dragon maybe.
Thank you clyde4s. That would be awesome! I will definitely reach out to you.

I took a little trip today to Mississippi, just south of Memphis. Definitely looking forward to getting a taller windshield so I don't have wind roar while riding and ringing ears for hours after riding!

Clyde4s, I usually have my cheap earplugs (walmart special) in while riding and this helps a lot to keep the wind noise at bay. Obviously the taller windshield that my bike came with does help but I would suggest trying the earplugs (unless you already use a set). Please feel free to reach out to me at [email protected] so we can make plans to go ride.

I took a little trip today to Mississippi, just south of Memphis. Definitely looking forward to getting a taller windshield so I don't have wind roar while riding and ringing ears for hours after riding!
There a lot of FJR’s in and around Cumming, GA. Look at a Yamaha touring screen or Aeroflow. I know a guy that has a Yamaha touring and some Aeroflow prototypes he’d probably let you try for free…

Hello Folks, I am excited to join the forum and meet other FJR riders from the area. I have been riding for well over 20 years (yeah I am a little bit older - over 50) but only bought my 2013 FJR last year Feb. She is still factory original except for the GIVI top case/bracket, frame sliders and aftermarket windshield. Really love my FJR. Looking forward to warmer weather to go ride and meet fellow FJR owners!
Welcome BigE!
I live in Dawsonville Ga. And have a 2008 FJR. I’m just get some new tires and minor work done this week. I would like to meet up an ride up to Dahlonega & Suches,etc. areas. [email protected]

Welcome from Upstate SC! Seems there are a bunch of FJR riders all circling the WNC, NGA, and the Gap area. With the riding season fast approaching I can’t think of anything better than a meet up sometime to get to know one another and of course ride some of the best roads anywhere. We are fortunate to have all that in our backyards. I can meet up just about anytime so I hope we can make something happen.