grip play

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Play? What do you want to play with exactly?
I have read a few threads about that and have removed mine last week.

Two places: at the "carb" where the cables turn the vane (under the tank) and at an adjuster on one of cable under a rubber protector sleeve close to your dash. It is recommended you do at the carb. Donno why.

Locate where the cables end up under the tank. One of them is fixed but on the other you can loosen the top nut all the way up. Now you can push that assembly down and away from the bracket somewhat and access the bottom nut. Turn that one so that it moves up on its thread thus lenghtening the cable sleeve and removing the slack. You may need to turn a bit, check, turn a bit more etc. Then tighten the top nut back down.

Sorry, I'm not very techy about those thingy terms.

... or just do it at the cable like a bicycle cable.

Motorcycles should have a bit of play so leave some.

AB

i found to much free play in the throttle makes the bike a bit jerky at slow speeds

i tightened mine so there was just a red c hair of play then turn the bars lock to lock to see that the idle didnt change any

i tightened mine at the throttle

about 4 inches from the throttle theres a rubber boot you can slide back and adjust

when i have the tank up next time ill check for another adjustment