Group ride down to SW-FOG from the CO Frontrange

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If this plan is still on then I would defintely like to join in! Not sure if I can stay for the whole event, but the ride down sounds like a good time to me. Let me know if the plan changes.
Hey Phil,

Welcome to the forums!

Yes, we're still on to ride down. So far, you would make the fourth (probably anyway...COSFJR still isn't sure if he'll be able to go down or not, but it's looking promising)
I reserved a room next to where we are meeting Tue morning. Planning to leave Michigan on the 4th, stop to see some friends in Illinois, then come on over to Co Springs by Monday night. See you there!

I'm leaving in the morning--early, like 4 a.m. (Old Mikey, do you BELIEVE it?) I'm rooming with Phil Ellis and he mentioned this meetup, so I'm going to try to make it. Crossing NV on 50 tomorrow, then playing around in southern UT and who knows where in Colorado? Should have plenty of time to do that and meet up with this bunch. You can go first and locate the LEOs, 'k? ;)

I'm leaving in the morning--early, like 4 a.m. (Old Mikey, do you BELIEVE it?) I'm rooming with Phil Ellis and he mentioned this meetup, so I'm going to try to make it. Crossing NV on 50 tomorrow, then playing around in southern UT and who knows where in Colorado? Should have plenty of time to do that and meet up with this bunch. You can go first and locate the LEOs, 'k? ;)
Be sure to ride Nv 722 just past Middlegate, brings you back to 50 just before Austin. Hwy 141 in Co. gets my vote for a fun ride. Have a good time in Toas!

Last edited by a moderator:
If you want, pm me and I'll get you my number. I'd be happy to meet you guys in Cimaron for the ride into Toas and if you want a side excursion can show you a nice little twisty, generally uncrowded road (loop). lemme know.

Mike, were you thinking about meeting us in Colorado Springs at 9am? Or try to intercept us somewhere along the way?

If you want, pm me and I'll get you my number. I'd be happy to meet you guys in Cimaron for the ride into Toas and if you want a side excursion can show you a nice little twisty, generally uncrowded road (loop). lemme know.
Thanks Patch, I'll PM you. Are you referring to the route through Red River? Or something else? I'm thinking we'll probably stop in Raton for lunch and gas, probably around 12:30ish. So, after lunch, and that damn stretch of straight and flat 64 to Cimarron, we'd be there sometime around 2pm or so.

Update: Turns out the Phillips 66 that used to be on the west side of I-25 (toward the mountains) is now a Shell. That means there are two Shell stations on either side of I-25! The one I am referring to is 435 GARDEN OF THE GODS RD COLORADO SPRINGS CO 80907-4217. It's on the EAST side of I-25 (away from the mountains).

(updated first post as well)

Update: Turns out the Phillips 66 that used to be on the west side of I-25 (toward the mountains) is now a Shell. That means there are two Shell stations on either side of I-25! The one I am referring to is 435 GARDEN OF THE GODS RD COLORADO SPRINGS CO 80907-4217. It's on the EAST side of I-25 (away from the mountains).

(updated first post as well)

Hope your having a good time, count me in for next year, and the hope that the guys choose CO, is pleasing.

John