Handlebar switch set

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dudeckp

FJR Therapist
Reaction score
So I'm looking around for aux switches, finding some delicate looking toggles fitted into the existing switch handles, a few fairing panel mounted rockers, and then come across this expensive little rig for super bike riders in the UK:

4 button race motorcycle handlebar switch set (company called Bike Sport Developments.)

But $300+ !?!?!

Before I start milling out & wiring up my own knock off of this, has anyone seen something comparable to this?

If I get to actually making one, would others be interested in copies? What would a normal person pay for such a farkle?

BigOgre beat me to posting the PMR switches from Pashnit. I don't know if their bolt pattern will line up with the pattern on the FJR though.

For anyone flush enough to have a 3D printer, these types of projects are perfect to get creative. I'll bet Garauld would have a lot of fun with one.

300 usd?
finger.gif
finger.gif

The highwaydirtbikes two-switch option appears to have disappeared from the catalogue. Pity, that's the one I wanted and it was reasonably priced.

All the others are expensive bling, except the UK one, which is $300 ... they are rather proud of it, it would appear.

I put a couple of switches in the existing clutch side switch housing, where the flash to pass switch is on euro models. One is a toggle on off for the cruise cntrl, the other is a 3 position rocker that does set/decel resume/accel. Both have rubber boots that make them relatively water resistant. And it leaves room to attach more important farkles, like cupholders and such.

Last edited by a moderator:
BigOgre beat me to posting the PMR switches from Pashnit. I don't know if their bolt pattern will line up with the pattern on the FJR though.
Fits on the right (where the brake MC bolts are aligned) but not on the left (where the clutch MC bolts are offset. I have a two switch unit on the right handlebar.

PMR makes another switch that will fit the FJR. https://www.pmrcomponents.com/pmrweb_010.htm It fits between the left grip and the switch assembly with the buttons right below the horn switch. The Bar Switches have a bolt pattern that doesn't look like it will fit the off-set pattern on the '09 bracket.
Nice idea, good fabrication. Did you see the price?
blinksmiley.gif
uhoh.gif