Has any one bought from Capitol Cycle Co. ?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rdrasher

Reaction score
Has any one bought from Capitol Cycle Co. in Macon, GA?

I see they have listings for 2017 FJR1300 ES for $15,399

Has any one bought from these guys? Are they good to deal with?

I'm 300 miles south of them in FL and willing to travel a bit for a good deal. Looking to buy my first FJR next week.

TIA!

Gary

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you looked at your local dealers, or called them? When I bought mine back in '09 I ended up calling all over the state including some of the big dealers in Orlando and other cities. I kept good notes and took that to my little local Yam-Suz dealer and they matched the best price. I got a good deal and kept it local.

If nothing else, call up there and talk to a sales person. Feel 'em out as it were. Even out of state, they can either sell it w/o taxes and you'll do that when you register it in FL, or they'll collect it and send to the state.

IDK what a good deal is right now on a '17ES, but I have a feeling that one of those will end up in my garage sometime down the road because it's widely known black is the fastest color!

Have you looked at your local dealers, or called them? When I bought mine back in '09 I ended up calling all over the state including some of the big dealers in Orlando and other cities. I kept good notes and took that to my little local Yam-Suz dealer and they matched the best price. I got a good deal and kept it local.
If nothing else, call up there and talk to a sales person. Feel 'em out as it were. Even out of state, they can either sell it w/o taxes and you'll do that when you register it in FL, or they'll collect it and send to the state.

IDK what a good deal is right now on a '17ES, but I have a feeling that one of those will end up in my garage sometime down the road because it's widely known black is the fastest color!
Yes I checked the Yamaha website and it listed a few dealers that have the 17 ES in stock. So I called 3 dealers in Florida and none of them would match the GA offer. I would like to do a deal local if I could. I've been told that D and H Cycles in Alabama is a good place to get a deal, so I'll call them on Tuesday when they reopen.

So far I'm not impressed with Capitol Cycle Co.

They've failed to call me back on 2 different occasions / days.

I'm going to call D&H Cycles in Alabama (as suggested by forum members) and see what they have to say.

D&H will do you right. Make sure they know you're from the FJR Forum.

I didn't respond to the Capitol Cycle question, because all I've done there is eat a couple of hot dogs. The hot dogs were free, and I was meeting a friend, rpm, for an all-day ride.