Has anyone used this trunk on fjr

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Midas1244

Reaction score
clicky

Okay guys, long time lurker and FNG, I would like to know if anyone has seen or used this trunk on their FJR? The company is Mutazu and I have seen some of their stuff on e-bay. Being a newbie, take it easy on me.... :dribble:

clicky
Okay guys, long time lurker and FNG, I would like to know if anyone has seen or used this trunk on their FJR? The company is Mutazu and I have seen some of their stuff on e-bay. Being a newbie, take it easy on me.... :dribble:
I've never heard of this brand. The stuff looks nice but I can't tell quality from the pics. Also, I wonder what the mounting hardware is like? The price is real attractive but usually you get what you pay for ...

BTW, welcome to the forum!

i'd be skeptical of any product that told me that i had to fabricate my own side mounts for the trunk

I would like to know if anyone has seen or used this trunk on their FJR? The company is Mutazu and I have seen some of their stuff on e-bay. Being a newbie, take it easy on me.... :dribble:
The stuff on the web site looks very much like the "Chinese Imitation Givi luggage" I've seen before.

Personally I would avoid it...

But, apparently some of these will work with Givi mounts

My advice:

Spend the extra money for the genuine article

If price is an issue, go look at pelican cases.

-bvw.

clicky
Tstaff used a top case about like what your looking at here. His turned our pretty nice and he saved a few $$$.

Clicky

Good Luck and Welcome to the forum. Don't wait so long to stick your neck out next time!! :rolleyes:

-jwilly

clicky
Tstaff used a top case about like what your looking at here. His turned our pretty nice and he saved a few $$$.

Clicky

Good Luck and Welcome to the forum. Don't wait so long to stick your neck out next time!! :rolleyes:

-jwilly
Thanks for the link, I too am looking for top trunk that will be used sparingly, trying to keep costs down. Thanks for the welcome to the forum. This place is so kewl B)

Rads Purchasing Rule #1

Don't buy from a company that hasn't got the English down yet. How ya gonna tell 'em their stuff is shit once it arrives?

"we are being very happyness you are adoring our fine producings"

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a 'Red Flag' in my book:

"RETURN:

We accept return within 7 days from the arrival date. The item must be in its original condition and in its original package. Buyer is responsible for the shipping cost. The shipping and handling charge is non refundable.

WARANTY:

We only warranty our products for 7 days from the arrival date. Within the period, our product fails to perform its duty under normal uses or arrival in defective. Please contact us first to obtain the RETURN AUTHORIZY NUMBER for the returning the item. "

By the time you get an RMA, and send it back, your 7 days could be up. You have to check it as soon as it arrives, and try it out. You waste any time and you're out of luck.

Just my $.02

+1 tru. that's quite fishy. never heard of a 7 day warranty before.

Within the period, our product fails to perform its duty under normal uses or arrival in defective.
ESPECIALLY when they apparently agree that their product will fail in 7 days.... :) Says it right there, within the period, our product fails to perform....under normal uses... :)

I wouldn't compair the ebay trunks with the SHAD case. I'm very happy with the quality, just not easy to get in the states.

Forget the naysayers, man. You owe it to yourself and the fjr community to put your hard-earned bills on the line and order one of these just to have the opportunity to give a detailed report to the rest of us cheap bastards. Now get the visa card out and get busy.

I've never seen their products before so I can't comment on their quality but did anyone bother to check out their eBay customer ratings. Ninety-nine point four percent satisfied suggests they are not complete crooks. Also, it is hard to ignore all the included features that Givi charges extra (e.g., backrest, light kit, etc) at a total price about one quarter what I paid for Givi (although it didn't look like a mounting bracket was included - that would reduce the savings). Finally, I am not convinced Givi quality is anything to write home about; I spent 2 hours last weekend replacing the Givi brake light kit with one of Fred's LED set-ups because the Givi light kit is cheesy and breaks easily. Also the lock mechanism on the Givi is a joke.

Larry