Has the forum changed hands?

Help Support FJRForum:

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcarver

Members++
Reaction score
Soooo, it would appear, me thinks, that FjrForum has been sold?

New look, Ads, Donations?

Donations? Something Iggie would NEVER ask for and has stated he would not accept.

AND, Matt hasn't busted *anyones* chops for weeks now, JSNS.

So who now owns the forum?

Who are the Admins? Are there 'content' Admins and 'Tech' admins e.g. "Angie"?

And if it's sold, can we re-evaluate the previously cast in stone from the gods above dictated rules set?

Just wondering...

Geezer

Parsimonious Curmudgeon
Reaction score
Maybe you are right. Things are certainly very different around here since the latest software change.

SacramentoMike

Not Safe For Work
Reaction score
Good questions Don. I'm curious without being much alarmed, I guess. The migration over to the other forum has been steady for quite a while, and both remain good sources for what we come here for. (You know you can turn off those ads, right?) I hear even Facebook has a very active FJR group, but I hate FB so bad I'll have to take somebody's word for it. Still, I'd hope to see a response here from someone in the know pretty soon.

Panman

Members++
Reaction score
I started wondering the same thing when I got the register your FJR email. I went Huh, haven't I been here since 9/07?? I know I'm a short timer but really..

Archer

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
Voted with my wallet, upgraded to the Deluxe time-share annual membership; you guys are worth it, and because:
satisfaction that you are supporting FJR Forum's future and it's role within the FJR motorcycle interest as a library of knowledge and community (polish apple here, end of quote, biden).

Mostly because it's the best damn bike ever and small peanuts to pay to hang out with you guys in the gallery. :sneaky:

Geezer

Parsimonious Curmudgeon
Reaction score
I am still confused. Can an admin simply tell us if the forum is no longer being administered by FJR enthusiasts? And if so, is it now a 'for profit' operation?

pegscraper

Mr. Photog
Reaction score
Soooo, it would appear, me thinks, that FjrForum has been sold?

New look, Ads, Donations?

Donations? Something Iggie would NEVER ask for and has stated he would not accept.

AND, Matt hasn't busted *anyones* chops for weeks now, JSNS.

So who now owns the forum?

Who are the Admins? Are there 'content' Admins and 'Tech' admins e.g. "Angie"?

And if it's sold, can we re-evaluate the previously cast in stone from the gods above dictated rules set?

Just wondering...
Before the FJR arrived in the USA in 2003, I'd joined the FJRowners.com out of the UK, which over the years has been sold to the corporate types and it just wasn't the same since. Hopefully this will not be the same for our beloved FJR forum. Joosehead was the admin there and had convinced me to organize the first FJR rally here in 2003. It sure took off from there. Because of popular demand, I organized the second FJR meet later that year. Next, the 2004 Western FJR Owners rally was held in Moscow, ID in 2014, organized by Warchild and HMarc.

fjr183

Members++
Reaction score
FJR 183 here. Don’t ride as much as I did (40-50T/yr), but I’m still making local runs around Ohio. Good too see there’s still activity on the board. Dress for the mess too keep the wheels turning. Fjr183

Cycle

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi! I believe it's been talked about in a few other threads but indeed, the forum sold last month. I'm with the "company" that owns it but the company is just myself and the owner.
Ignacio / Mark will be commenting some time today.

Dan S

Members++
Reaction score
How does a forum get "sold"... Did money change hands? If so then this is a for profit deal. Sorry but I don't like it.

And then back on Oct 24 we all get this message
" If you still have an FJR would you please add it to the Registry.
This means starting a new thread in the forum and adding details about your boat. Photos, technical specifications, modifications, history, etc."

What - My boat??? There was bit a good laughing at that.

Bounce

Chicks Dig Scars
Staff member
Reaction score
Before the FJR arrived in the USA in 2003, I'd joined the FJRowners.com out of the UK, which over the years has been sold to the corporate types and it just wasn't the same since.

That's why Iggie and I were invited to stay on as moderators.

We've already seen an increase in new and returning members.

hppants

Members++
Reaction score
Does the new owner intend to update the terms and conditions (rules) that we as users agreed to follow with the previous owner?

Geezer

Parsimonious Curmudgeon
Reaction score
Hi! I believe it's been talked about in a few other threads but indeed, the forum sold last month. I'm with the "company" that owns it but the company is just myself and the owner.
Ignacio / Mark will be commenting some time today.
Thank you for the straightforward response Angie. I have been pleased with the forum so far under new management and look forward to more of the same.

Ignacio

Intramural Culture Warrior
Staff member
Reaction score
I thought about just responding, but given the importance of some of the questions asked I thought it best to start a new thread with my thoughts as former owner to start. Click here to continue the discussion.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.