Hatton Mayweather result ***SPOILER***

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

feejer222

Reaction score
Hatton fought like a tiger but was losing on points in my opinion. He was knocked out in the 10th having been shaken a couple of times earlier.

The ref was somewhat over enthusiastic and kept splitting the fighters the instant they got into a clinch in the early rounds. Then Mayweather bent double and out through the ropes and Hatton went to hit him on the back of the head. The punch hit the top rope but Hatton was deducted a point for it, which was a bit harsh. Later in the fight when they were holding in clinches the ref threatened to deduct a point each if they didnt stop it. Can someone explain how that would be of detriment to either boxer?

Mayweather complimented Hatton after, but was in a better class on the night.

Hatton got to the mic after the fight having been lifted to his feet, and said 'what a fluke' typical of Hatton who is always joking. The British fans were in good voice all the way through and after the fight. Hatton drinks in Hyde just up the road from me. I would go and buy him a pint but I suspect that I would have to get to the back of a long queue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks feejer. I wssn't going to pay to watch (on pay to view) and anyway it clshed with other commitments. Maybe I'll get to see it on a rerun.

Tying up in a clinch is one reason I stopped watching boxing and started watching MMA. The action doesn't stop when they tie up and the ref is outa the fight(mostly).

Thanks for the results.

I got home from Vegas today. Was in town since Wednesday for reasons other than the fight BUT, it was a lot of fun to just be in town during this time. British citizens everywhere, chanting, drinking. It was FUN. Didn't care either way on the fight, but it looked like a good one. There were plenty of disappointed Brits. Those guys can put away the Guiness. Holy crap.

Hatton came third in the BBC sports personality of the year awards last night. It is an eagerly awaited show every year amongst sports fans. It was won by another great fighter Joe Calzagi who has retained his title for 10 years. To everyones surprise Lewis Hamilton could only manage second (again), after coming second in the F1 world championship by only 1 point in his rookie year.

The voting is by the public via phone votes whilst the show is running.

James Toseland came 4th only 700 votes behind Hatton, which was close as the votes were in the tens of thousands. Toseland rode onto the show on his Tenkate Honda which must have taken some organising as he is now a Yamaha rider. They then sat him down at a piano and he played a great jazz piece. Superb publicity for our sport which is usually largely ignored by the media in this country.

Toseland plays Jazz

I have just watched a clip of Hatton being interviewed after the presentations. He was tearful and said that we have not seen the last of him.

Last edited by a moderator: