Having a problem finding pants for wifey...she's too little

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

networkguy

Reaction score
Wifey and I are looking at riding pants. Me...no problem. But she is a tiny girl. 5'0 100 lbs soaking wet...size 0-1 with 29" inseam. Ive looked at Olympia, Scorpion, and Alpinestar...all of which smallest size is 4 with 31" inseam. Anyone have ideas what brand might work for her?

I guess alternatively I could feed her more Big Macs :p

My wife has a similar problem. Ended up with a pair of ICON chaps. XS size and she still needs to turn the legs up. Most chaps seem to have additional snaps to allow this. Alternative is to go with leather and trim the length to fit.

Spidi Glance..I think your wife needs a small or xsmall in short version.Great pants with removable waterproof membrane.My gf wears a like this in short version and she is very satisfied!Excellent fit pants!Have a look too in the size chart of the site in pants short version..

Have a look at this link:

https://www.fc-moto.de/epages/fcm.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/10207048/Products/Spidi-Glance-Lady-waterproof-Textile-Pant/SubProducts/Spidi-Glance-Lady-waterproof-Textile-Pant-0001

Her waist and hips to help you more..?

Spidi-Glance-Damen-Textilhose.jpg

Spidi-Glance-Damen-Textilhose-back.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Isnt it funny you search for something, cant really find it, make a thread, then find it?
poster_oops.gif

I discovered Fieldsheer makes an extra small size in their women's gear...pants are size 2 and inseam is 29.5. Alot of reviews say they run a little small, so this might be the trick! Ordered her some Titanium Air 4's, and me a pair of Tourmaster Flex based on reviews Ive seen.

If those don't work, have her get in contact with Joanne Dorn, www.gearchic.com, who specializes in helping women find the right fit in riding gear. She's extremely knowledgeable about brands, fit, etc. in women's gear. You might also check out the Joe Rocket Alter Ego Women's Pants... they have an XS and adjustable length for the inseam. :)

If those don't work, have her get in contact with Joanne Dorn, www.gearchic.com, who specializes in helping women find the right fit in riding gear. She's extremely knowledgeable about brands, fit, etc. in women's gear. You might also check out the Joe Rocket Alter Ego Women's Pants... they have an XS and adjustable length for the inseam.
smile.png
Thanks Tyler!

If those don't work, have her get in contact with Joanne Dorn, www.gearchic.com, who specializes in helping women find the right fit in riding gear. She's extremely knowledgeable about brands, fit, etc. in women's gear. You might also check out the Joe Rocket Alter Ego Women's Pants... they have an XS and adjustable length for the inseam.
smile.png
Another great and informative post by Tyler :)

Yes Yes... I'm kissing up! She's my Merry Xmas Tee bud :) heheheh

smile.png
Another great and informative post by Tyler
smile.png

Yes Yes... I'm kissing up! She's my Merry Xmas Tee bud
smile.png
heheheh
I was gonna ask if you were the same AzItLies over there... what a coinky-dink!! ;)

My wife is in the same boat... Vertically challenged and paper thin, she got a great pair of riding pants at motorcycle superstore! She loves them!

Also with a petite partner. What we learned is that what we guess is to flatter the medium size girls, Karen has to heavily go over the user reviews with respect to sizing.

Tyler, that was a great link - THANKS!

If those don't work, have her get in contact with Joanne Dorn, www.gearchic.com, who specializes in helping women find the right fit in riding gear. She's extremely knowledgeable about brands, fit, etc. in women's gear. You might also check out the Joe Rocket Alter Ego Women's Pants... they have an XS and adjustable length for the inseam. :)
I'm pretty sure my wife has a pair of these and likes them. She's 5'2" and 114lbs. She has two pairs and I don't remember what brand the other one is.

My wife is also 4'12" and she runs just a bit over 100 lbs, but certainly less than 110. She has a pair of the size 4 Olympia AirGlide 3 pants for use in summer months. They do run extra long (intentionally) but have a velco section at the bottoms (below the side zippers) to allow them to be hemmed to length. She prefers to keep them long and let them hit her boot tops, but we hemmed the waterproof liners so that they wouldn't hang out from underneath when she wears them.

She also has an old pair of TourMaster Venture winter weight pants in size XS. The length on those is OK, and they fit her fine, loose enough to have plenty of insulation layers underneath, which being so small requires.