Heading Home From Nafo

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RacinRay

Living The Dream
Reaction score
I left Knoxville at 8:45 today and had rain for the first 275 miles. Rain jacket failed to keep me dry and the temp hit 59*. Tomorrows forecast is for rain all day. WoooHoooo!

I made it home about 630. Steady cold rain for the first 6 hours and then it let up for the last couple of hours. Rain gear kept me mostly dry but my gloves got soaked almost immediately and my boots gave up after the 2nd hour. Cold and wet ride home. Had a great time though! Well, other than my buddy getting up close and personal with a guardrail....

Brenda and I made it home yesterday around 3 pm.....unloaded the bike in the dry and I am ready to go do some riding this morning!

Ray what happened to you. I waited until 8:15 than left. Made it home last night at 23:45. I was wet and cold until I got to Northern VA. By the time I got home I had dried out almost everything at speed. Had a great time will need to hook-up again in the future.

Well it took me the 3 days that I planed to make it back to Tulsa but I stayed dry all the way.. lucky me.

We detoured north through Kentucky, Illinois, and Missouri, man we found alot of nice small curvy roads.

I had a new set of tires on my bike when i left for Nafa and they still looked like new when we left Nafa but half way through Missouri when I checked my tires I got a nasty surprise.. My rear was bald on the sides. You have to love those Missouri roads. I had to tiptoe the rest of the way home. The whole trip was a blast. I hope everyone else made it back ok too.