Heading up to Cold Springs with some buddies today.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Afast03nNJ

Reaction score
Probably take a spin through Bear mnt. park over the bridge and over to Cold Springs.

Should get there around 2. Might stop at the Perkins pk. on the way back.

Up to Cold Springs? Surely you mean down.... :p

For those of you who are not from NY, there is a never ending discussion regarding what is upstate and what is downstate NY. The answer depends on where you live.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed your ride today. I was out this afternoon for about an hour in the Catskills and spend most of the ride in a thunderstorm with strong winds. Not a lot of fun. Sunny when I left the house.

Cold Springs is up from me, NJ here :)

Started out as a nice ride under a warm partly sunny sky. As we go up twards Cold Sprigns it got darker and darker. By the time we hit the town, the rain had just started. Got to the RR station just in time, a group of 10 of us sat down for lunch. We watched it pour the whole time we ate. Two hrs. later, lunch was done and blue skys were back, but so was the wind. The FJR definatley gets blown around a lot more then my old FJ1200 did. Overall it was a nice ride, gotta wash the bike now.

I was out on the new FJR, too, this weekend ... but on the opposite side of the Hudson. We rode up from NYC, through Harriman, over to Warwick, then close to PJ, and south to Stokes Forest. It started raining as we got close to Sunrise Mountain ... then stopped and got sunny again. Typical Northeast weather ... you can have four seasons happen in one hour. Anyway, nice first ride on the '06 ... 201 miles 2-up.