Headlight Access

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't have mine yet - I did get an order confirmation, but that's all. I figured if they didn't show today I'd shoot off an email or phone call to see what the deal was.

I don't have mine yet - I did get an order confirmation, but that's all.  I figured if they didn't show today I'd shoot off an email or phone call to see what the deal was.
Anxiously awaiting a report on the Comagination unit. I assume you did not go for the solid-state relay version?

(btw: What's the difference between a solid-state relay and a [switching] transistor?)

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone ever noticed how webbikeworld is nothing but a clever marketing scheme for certain products? It's not a real magazine at all. just makes you think it's a third party. What a scam.

Modulators on the FJR aren't needed, IMHO. Just use hi beam. They WILL see you!!! I'll line up the FJR's beams to ANY bike ANY time. They are just abou tthe brightest out there.

And while I don't experience with them, a good friend has. He also reporting similar "redneck rampage" behavior with them. scumbags definitely will go into a raged status when you pass them.

Get flashers for the rear brake..not the headlights.

All this remind me of a trip I took 2 months ago..on a dark 2 lane road at night. A semi was coming at me from the other direction in his lane. My low beams were on. He flashed me thinking I had my brights on. I didn't flash back because I had my HID's set to come on with hi beam. He kept flashing, then left them on hi beam, blinding the crap out of me.

So of course I flipped on the high beams and HID's. I actually saw the guy in the cab take his hands off the wheel and block the light with his hands. He won't be fucking with a biker for along time, I suspect. Godamn redneck...

Yammaholic has a point. I get flashed a bit with my dims on. And I run Silver Stars.

Modulators are used on aircraft quite a bit, and the manufacturers almost universally report it lengthens the life of the bulb. Must be because it actually is not lit as much? Perhaps stays cooler because it is not on all the time?

Any way you slice it, I would hope a modulator would not shorten the bulb life, but perhaps extend it. Of course this could be the difference in electronics and how the modulation is performed. I wonder how many of these modulators compare.

OK, I'm going to go start a new thread.

(btw: What's the difference between a solid-state relay and a [switching] transistor?)
IS THIS A TEST????

If so, please stick to true-false or multiple choice!

:secret: :unsure: Duh, ain't it kinda like the difference in pork and pig flesh.

Comagination modulator reported to be in the mail per the manuf. I should have it Monday.