Heated Factory Yamaha grips and Throttlemeister

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jim oneill

triplex
Reaction score
OK, I spent the big bucks $392 parts and labor for the factory Yamaha Heated Grips setup. on my 08. When I dropped the bike off on Wednesday I told the service manager at the dealer I had a Throttlemeister and wanted to know if they would be compatable. He told me yes, they would.

Picked up the bike yesterday and I was given a different story. Both the service manager and technician who installed them said they were not compatable and would have required some kind of "modification" in order to function together.

I really used the Throttlemeister a lot and am bummed that they don,t work together! any thought or opinions would be appreciated

Is there some other "cruise control" device I might consider that would work with these heated grips?

OK, I spent the big bucks $392 parts and labor for the factory Yamaha Heated Grips setup. on my 08. When I dropped the bike off on Wednesday I told the service manager at the dealer I had a Throttlemeister and wanted to know if they would be compatable. He told me yes, they would.
Picked up the bike yesterday and I was given a different story. Both the service manager and technician who installed them said they were not compatable and would have required some kind of "modification" in order to function together.

I really used the Throttlemeister a lot and am bummed that they don,t work together! any thought or opinions would be appreciated

Is there some other "cruise control" device I might consider that would work with these heated grips?
I've got an '08AE & thinking about a Throttlemeister too. I'm also a newbie to this forum, but have seen others here state they will work OK. I've seen a pictured write-up on webbikeworld showing this set-up. Wait for more posts, and maybe ask what the 'mod' is before doing something drastic. There are several other options if truley you decide not to go this route-search cruise controls in this website or Google.

I have the factory heated grips and Throttlemeister installed with grip puppies as well. Only thing you need to be careful about is adjusting them to allow for the heat. They will bind up if the tolerance is too close when adjusted cold. As one of the treads above recommends do the adjustment when the grips are hot.

If they do bind up don't panic. As soon as they cool back down they will loosen up again.

Another AE with factory heaters, grip puppies and throttlemeister and never had an issue hot or cold.

Latest posts