heated gloves

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kindofblue

Reaction score
Hi all,

At the end of my 2k ride through the Rockies this morning (ride report to follow when I get caught up with work), I rode over the North Cascades highway (at 0630hrs). While the ride the previous day was in warm to hot conditions (I wore my cooling vest in the afternoon), this was the opposite. Part way through I stopped and put on my heated jacket liner (warm-n-safe) and cranked it up. Boy, that was a blessing. I also had the heated grips on full but the tops of my hands were freezing. So I'm considering getting gloves that would connect to my liner and keep the tops of my hands warm when it's near freezing.

IIRC the warm-n-safe gloves are not water-proof and I think that would be a helpful feature. Any recommendations anyone?

gerbing? buy the socks while you are at it.
I have the new style Gerbing gloves as well. I feel that these are better than heated grips because of the heat on the back of the hand. That is of course, where the cold air blows.

gerbing? buy the socks while you are at it.
I have the new style Gerbing gloves as well. I feel that these are better than heated grips because of the heat on the back of the hand. That is of course, where the cold air blows.
Agreed. I've had both heated grips and gloves. If I could only have one, give me the Gerbings.

There have been rides when I only had heated grips where I gave serious consideration to breaking all my fingers so I could wrap my hands backwards around the grips...

+1 for the gerbings if you decide to get them get the heat controller along with it because they WILL get hot. They are also waterproof. Pricey, but no regrets getting them, they are worth it.