Heated grips

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fencer

Why yes, I am a Smart ASS
Reaction score
It seems like I read somplace that heated grip install requires a diff grip glue (heat makes the reg glue release). I searched the forum but could not find it. I did read that it does not require glue at all. When I went to the local stealer to pick up grip glue, they were not familiar with a diff type of glue for heated grips,

but use supper glue when they install on Goldwings.

Clarification please

I've not heard of different glues. If you're still working with those BigBikes LowPowered grips I wouldn't worry about it. First, they don't get hot enough to effect the glue. Second, they have a rigid core (you can't fold/bend them even before you put them on the bike) and almost any glue will cover it. Just be sure not to park too close to NovaFlyer - his hairspray isn't all that manly and it rubs off ;)

Good luck.

ps - I'm just messin'. I have the BigBikes grips and followed NFlyer's instuctions (which were awesome). I do wish they got a little hotter though.

I used the hairspray method also and it works great. Those Big Bike grips fit pretty tight to begin with so I wouldn't worry about them working loose at all. Just make sure you have the wires from the grips located exactly where you want them because there isn't going to be any moving them after you shove them on.

I used the glue that they supplied with the kit, after 3 months the left grip unglued. Remove it, clean the surface with thinner and used contact cement glue. Holds for more than a year now witouot problem.

Remember.........................................................

Only twisting the RIGHT grip makes you go faster! :p

Last edited by a moderator: