Height of seat

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tall Rider

Reaction score
After searching and following posts about seats I found no questions about seat height. I am looking for a taller seat and one that would match up with the rear seat. Probably will not haul any passengers. Can anybody help me? Thanks Harry

Harry ~

You're a lucky man to have a 36" inseam! I wish I had that situation...

Any number of competent seat modification shops can build up your seat, which is much easier than trying to lower it to fit stubby, short legged guys such as myself!

A company which has a very strong and loyal following here is Russell "Day Long" seats, located in Shasta Lake, CA. Another couple of possibilities are the two Maier brothers, each of whom owns competing shops in the Southern California area. A third possibility is Rich's Custom Seats in Seattle, WA.

All of these places offer custom built seats to your specifications. The Russell seats are sold here on this forum a couple of times yearly in a great Group Buy effort. You might want to look under that section on the forum to see if any group buys are active at the present time.

Here are a couple of places to get started:

https://www.day-long.com/index.html

https://www.richscustomseats.com/index.asp

Hope this helps!

Don

Harry ~Any number of competent seat modification shops can build up your seat, which is much easier than trying to lower it to fit stubby, short legged guys such as myself!

Don
Yep!

Russell built my saddle 1" taller (6'2"x32" inseam) and it made a difference to my "quickly-becoming-antique" knees.

However, that also changed the relationship with the handlebars and the windshields ability to provide the coverage I wanted thus began further quests for comfort nirvana.

Vertically challenged owners don't seem to have the same issues. :unsure:

I see you have an '03 is it new to you or have you had it a while? If you recently got it...you may want to ride a while before making a seat mod that drastic... I'm 6'8" 37" inseam and ride the stock seat.... it just took some getting used to.