• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Sold Heli Tour Performance Triple Clamp

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

escapefjrtist

Searching for Dry Roads
Reaction score
Original Heli Tour Performance Triple Clamp. Comes with bolts, ignition switch spacers and includes two (2) Ram balls as pictured. Fits "A" models from '06 to '19, WILL NOT fit ES models. Some marking from cables & hoses and around ignition switch. I can send more pics if needed. $160 $120 shipped CONUS. Call dibs here and shoot me a PM if interested.

Heli Clamp Pic.JPG

~G

Last edited:
This is the original Heli clamp. IIRC, bars are raised 1/2" but more importantly, the handle bar angle is flattened.

~G

FJR noob here. Just picked up a Gen 1, just confirming, this item will NOT fit, correct?

This is going to get a response!
It will fit Gen 1, if you switch to Gen 2/3 handlebars.
The ignition switch hole may have a little space around the Gen 1 switch, unless you get the shroud from a Gen 2/3 ignition switch. Otherwise, no go.

I put a Gen 1 upper triple tree on my Gen 3 scooter, along with Gen 1 handlebars because I liked the handlebar position better.

dan

Confirming what Dan posted. You'll need to change to GEN II / III bars to use on a GEN I. There is several GEN II bars listed on eBay now...

~G

The handlebar mounting bolt pattern is different on Gen 1 from Gen 2/3.
On the OEM Gen 2/3 upper triple clamp, the handlebars can be adjusted to three positions fore and aft. Not sure about that adjustment on the Heli Triple Clamp.

BTW "escape" sorry to step on your for sale thread. I try not to do that, but in this case, I thought it might widen the target audience. At least by one possibility.

dan

Hey, That looks familiar? LOL Those make a huge difference in the riding ergonomics. Much
more comfortable and that means many more miles, and smiles, in the saddle.

GLWS

Phil

Last edited: