Hello from Indiana

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 98095

Reaction score
Thank you for the add, I'm new to the FJR world but not to riding. I retired in 2012 from the Corps of Engineers (Ohio River Locks and Dam) and have logged well over 100K miles around the country since then. My previous bike was a 2014 V-Strom 1000 that I bought new and did a lot of motorcycle touring on. A friend had the FJR for sale so sold the V-Strom and now have a 2014 FJR ES. I've only put a couple of thousand miles on it so getting familiar with it both riding and maintenance. I'm looking forward to gaining knowledge from others in the forum and hope that I can contribute also.

Attachments

• VisitedStatesMap (1).jpg
    VisitedStatesMap (1).jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 3
Welcome. Congrats on your new bike. How was your latest ride?

Welcome from metro Seattle and congrats on the new (to you) '14. Lots of great information here for all things FJR!

~G
Thanks for the welcome, my sister and family live in your area, near Sultan, so I've made a few rides there via Stevens pass. Beautiful country!

Welcome. Congrats on your new bike. How was your latest ride?
My latest ride was to the Moonshine Store in Illinois for a hamburger, around 250 miles round trip. Up until a few years ago, there was an annual motorcycle rally there in the spring each year that drew thousands from surprising distances. Even without a rally, it's an interesting destination if you can find it. My new to me FJR is the 5th and best motorcycle I've ridden there.

My latest ride was to the Moonshine Store in Illinois for a hamburger, around 250 miles round trip. Up until a few years ago, there was an annual motorcycle rally there in the spring each year that drew thousands from surprising distances. Even without a rally, it's an interesting destination if you can find it. My new to me FJR is the 5th and best motorcycle I've ridden there.
Awesome! 250 miles for a hamburger?:)

Welcome from central Ohio!

Keep an eye on the Midwest Regional section - we'll be hosting a Tech Day in the fall. Evansville isn't too far from Marysville (especially on a FJR).

They got a pretty good triple cheese burger there

Attachments

• 20200808_112911.jpg
    20200808_112911.jpg
    643.3 KB · Views: 0
You need to try a tenderloin sandwich and milkshake from larrisons in Seymour indiana
This is getting more interesting. Can this beat the Moonshine Store hamburger and the pulled pork sandwich?:D

Well on Fathers Day went with my two sons to lake road inn up in Hudson Illinois.... Pretty good ribeye sandwich too. 140 miles round trip and a couple of decent Twisties on the back roads