Hello from Ohio

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crc3466

Reaction score
Hello from Ohio! Just purchased a 2011 FJR1300. Had an ‘08 Concours 14 and sold it because it was such a hot bike. Loved the power but not the bulkiness. Got a 2018 Versys 1000 and just not that impressed. No “fun” factor for me. Needed more power and I love a shaft drive. So enter the FJR. Despite weighing just 26 lbs less than the Connie, it has a much sportier feel and it feels just as quick. Can’t wait to take it on a long ride! Now for a set of Gerauld’s Highway Pegs…(what led me to the forum).

(Garauld...)

Welcome (from NB, Canada). I think you will enjoy the FJR. (I have a 2011 as well - love the Liquid Silver). I have just 100,000 miles on mine (160,000 km), but, based on my experience with the 2007 I don't feel it is beyond middle age. Take care of these things and they will give you many, many years of trouble-free performance.

IMHO, the Concours is a great bike but doesn't hold a candle to the FJR.

Love it....looks like those tires may sound like a truck going down the road. Enjoy your new found love!