Hello from Ontario

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The v-max is up 50hp on the FJR,never tried one but I assume it easily out pulls the FJR but doesn't have the legs :)

Spent 50+ yrs in Ont but now ride in NB :)

The v-max is up 50hp on the FJR,never tried one but I assume it easily out pulls the FJR but doesn't have the legs :)

Spent 50+ yrs in Ont but now ride in NB :)
The early V-Max (pre-2007) is actually comparable to the FJR in terms of power although didn't have the handling, chassis, suspension, tank range or sophistication (essentially unchanged since introduction in 1985!). The later ones (renamed VMAX) were absolute monsters and could pass anything besides a gas station.

The early V-Max (pre-2007) is actually comparable to the FJR in terms of power although didn't have the handling, chassis, suspension, tank range or sophistication (essentially unchanged since introduction in 1985!). The later ones (renamed VMAX) were absolute monsters and could pass anything besides a gas station.
I was thinking you had the 2nd gen.

I said this (or something close) in 2003 :

"The FJR is not the fastest bike -- but it's close. It's not the best handling bike -- but it's close. It's not the most comfortable bike -- but it's close. In fact, it's not the best at any one thing -- making it the best overall general purpose street bike."

I think it's still pretty close to the mark.

I said this (or something close) in 2003 :

"The FJR is not the fastest bike -- but it's close. It's not the best handling bike -- but it's close. It's not the most comfortable bike -- but it's close. In fact, it's not the best at any one thing -- making it the best overall general purpose street bike."

I think it's still pretty close to the mark.
Very well said.