Hello, I'm Scott...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2morebeer

Reaction score
Sadly, I'm a former FJR owner. I bought it 4 years ago and thoroughly enjoyed it for its immense smooth power, stability and beautiful looks. However, I found I was struggling moving it around in the garage, parking spots, etc. I also wanted to get a Tenere7 which would allow me to still tour and sell my DR650. To be honest, I just have difficulty with long term relationships with bikes (wife says that's okay as long as it's not women.....35 yrs so far). Anyway, I couldn't find a T7, got impatient and bought a 2020 Tracer 900GT, which is a fine bike as well.

I really appreciate how communities, be it FJR or molded fiberglass rv (13' Trillium), share knowledge and advice, and I regret not joining the group when I bought rather than just lurking and learning. However, here I am and I have a couple items to sell which I'll post in the classifieds.

Cheers from Victoria, BC

Scott

Welcome from the other coast!
If your issue with the FJR was height, the T7 wouldn't be better although it is a lot less porky.

Thanks for the welcome.

Yes, the height on a light bike is less problematic that a heavy one. I'm only 5'8" and also have a WR250R and that's taller than the T7, but so light it's not an issue...................until you find yourself offroad and go to put your foot down on uneven ground.

I wish Yamaha would bring the Tracer 700 over to North America. My wife has an MT-07 and I love that engine. I rode hers to Whistler and Duffey Lake loop a week after I took the FJR and hers was sooo much fun.

Scott

Welcome, Scott. Enjoy the forum and your bikes.