Hello - new member with Eastern Beaver PC8 Fuse block question

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I recently acquired a 2019 es model and just received the EB PC 8 fuse block - without any instructions! I have a few questions and hope someone has or can draw up a schematic that could help me figure this out. BTW, I don't see any thorough, detailed step-by-step Youtube videos about connecting the black and white snap terminals from the PC8 loom, or for that matter, my planned use for the list of gadgets below routed to each block terminal screw. (Also, there is a loose loom with waterproof snap cover - my finger pointing - what is it for?)

Planned connections:

1. Battery trickle charge jack (has waterproof fuse on power wire which I think is unnecessary)
2. Gerbing heated jacket, pants, gloves, wireless controller jack
3. ST2 turn indicator shut off (relay necessary?)
4. Dual Motohorn (relay necessary?)
5. Future aux driving lights (relay necessary?)
6. Future Garmen gps

I just feel more comfortable collecting some insight as to how to hook this up rather than trial by error guessing.
Thanks for any help!

Attachments

• 20240127_222447.jpg
    20240127_222447.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1
  • 20240127_223431.jpg
    20240127_223431.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1

Attachments

• 20240128_121848.jpg
    20240128_121848.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 1
@ecc1124 , I don’t have that harness from EB, but from what I see on his website is that the “black and white snap terminals” you are referring to (with blue arrows on the pic) are fuse receptacles. One for the switched and the other is for the unswitched main lines to the battery. Isn’t the harness your photo is showing the 50 Amp Relay kit with a Powerlink option on the EB website? If so, the black plastic end of the harness on your pic is a connector to the harness that has the “O” ring terminals to the battery. You may also have the battery clip harness for jump starting the bike which would plug into the battery terminal harness in place of the PC-8.
The exposed blue wire (not visible on your photo) should tap into the positive lead of a circuit that gets energized when your ignition key is in the ON position - your front marker or rear running light, for example. That wire controls the relay for your switched outputs on the PC-8.

Last edited:
@ecc1124 , I don’t have that harness from EB, but from what I see on his website is that the “black and white snap terminals” you are referring to (with blue arrows on the pic) are fuse receptacles. One for the switched and the other is for the unswitched main lines to the battery. Isn’t the harness your photo is showing the 50 Amp Relay kit with a Powerlink option on the EB website? If so, the black plastic end of the harness on your pic is a connector to the harness that has the “O” ring terminals to the battery. You may also have the battery clip harness for jump starting the bike which would plug into the battery terminal harness in place of the PC-8.
That seems to make sense. Yes, it is a 50 amp kit. I understand about the connecting of the o-ring snap connectors.

1. Battery trickle charge jack (has waterproof fuse on power wire which I think is unnecessary)
6. Future Garmen gps
1) Might want to fuse that at 10 amps (or even 15) to potentially run a tire inflator. Won't be able to use it to jump start. The in-line fuse isn't truly needed but won't hurt.
2) Fused at 10 amps?
3) Don't know why this would need a relay - shouldn't draw much power.
4) Depends on the horn amperage and the maximum current for an individual circuit.
5) All depends on the lights and the max allowed per circuit.
6) GPS requires very little power. You could probably run it off the glovebox outlet if you wanted.

Your kit is 50 amps but you'll never be drawing the maximum from all circuits at the same time so you are mostly limited to the specified max for any individual circuit.

I recently acquired a 2019 es model and just received the EB PC 8 fuse block - without any instructions! I have a few questions and hope someone has or can draw up a schematic that could help me figure this out. BTW, I don't see any thorough, detailed step-by-step Youtube videos about connecting the black and white snap terminals from the PC8 loom, or for that matter, my planned use for the list of gadgets below routed to each block terminal screw. (Also, there is a loose loom with waterproof snap cover - my finger pointing - what is it for?)

Planned connections:

6. Future Garmen gps

I just feel more comfortable collecting some insight as to how to hook this up rather than trial by error guessing.
Thanks for any help!
Ok, I have the information I need to proceed with buttoning up. Thanks everyone for your input.