Hello!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fishboy316

Reaction score
Hi Folks. Thanks for the add. I rode motorcycles for about 30 years. Left them behind about 15 years ago. I am currently thinking about getting back into it. I ride bicycles on the road and woods at this point. Looking at the way things are going I am thinking I will need to use my 13 mile per gallon truck less. Was looking at a goldwing when my friend said why not check out an FJR. Almost all I have heard and read sings praise on this machine! May just try one out. Will probably be asking opinions on a couple.
Thanks
Bill

Welcome from metro Seattle, Bill. You've come to the right place for all things FJR!. Take a look around and search for threads...you'll find there's a ton of information on the forum.

Good luck!

~G

You'll find totally biased people here but there is a reason for that. Great bike and great people here. Welcome aboard. 😁

I own an FJR and newer model Goldwing. Both great bikes. More gadgets on the Wing and a great ride. FJR will be more budget friendly.
Wing is more comfy getting to the twisties. FJR is more fun when you get to the twisties. FJR is just as capable for long days in the saddle as the Wing.
Maintenance issues (air filter in particular) greatly favor the FJR.
Good luck on your hunt!

Welcome Bill, I've had both and enjoyed my Wing for many years riding with my wife but her back has not allowed her to ride the last few years. I started out on a 2010 FJR when riding solo with the guys and then upgraded to a 2014ES with cruise control. The FJR is much lighter and more powerful than the wing but you can't go wrong either way. Good luck. Albert