• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Helmet Lock Brackets

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a friendly FYI,

I called A&S Powersports and talked to Josue. I explained what my key looked like and he went and found me a Helmet Guardian Lock set that matched my keys (Slot on the Top) from what they had in stock. Called me right back and now they are in the mail OTW to me. Funny thing is he asked me right away if it was for an FJR.. lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Its that time of the year!!

I'm offering FREE SHIPPING when purchasing TWO helmet lock brackets and half price shipping on ONE bracket.

This offer is valid now thru 3-31-16 and includes ALL year FJR's with USPS tracking.

Please e-mail me @ [email protected] for options, pricing, etc.

Please put "FJR" in the header and note what year bike you have AND if it's an ES MODEL (as the left side bracket is DIFFERENT).

Thanks, Scott

Just an update with the 2016 model out.

An 2016 ES owner sent me some pic's and its appears no changes were made on the sub-frame where the lock brackets attach.

He's since ordered brackets for both sides and I'll know for certain in a couple of days.

I'll post up for certain.

BTW, 6th gear is supposed to be very much an over drive gear (compared to a Gen 1)

Bracket was in the mailbox yesterday when I got home. As is the current fashion I wrapped it in a little Carbon Fiber vinyl and got it installed.

https://eye.fi/SMr5ES

Bracket was in the mailbox yesterday when I got home. As is the current fashion I wrapped it in a little Carbon Fiber vinyl and got it installed.
https://eye.fi/SMr5ES
Looks good Stuart!!!

Hope your happy with the set up!!

And thank you again!

BTW, this is how the bracket color is stock (Left side, one outlet):

Question for previous customers please.

The part # for the lock itself I've been putting out, # 26H-21308-01-00 Have you been able to use YOUR KEY after re-setting the tumblers??

I ask in that a customer purchased that lock part # from Yamaha and got the OPPOSITE STYLE key OFFSET...

I don't know if Yamaha's changed / updated part #'s but need to get this cleared up ASAP. I'll be contacting Partzilla depending on what feed back I get here. Till then, all sales are stopped...

Thanks.

An update.

Yamaha has apparently changed some part #'s around. I believe the correct part # for the lock will be:

4R8-21308-01-00

https://www.partzilla.com/parts/detail/yamaha/YP-4R8-21308-01-00.html

There's a pic of the key offset(same as the FJR) and I was told that pic is from Partzilla's warehouse..

I will know for certain in a week or two but until then I would not buy any lock assemblies using the old / previous part numbers

The above, new lock part #, that fits the FJR key is confirmed by two customers as GOOD.

The previous part # definitely does NOT fit anymore (opposite key offset).

I also gave a heads up to Partzilla about it, as they were already running out of that

lock assembly.

So Yamaha part # 4R8-21308-01-00 is it (at least for awhile...)

Well, its that time of the year!

Now thru August 31, 2016, (for the continental US), I'm offering Free shipping on TWO brackets or

$4.00 shipping on ONE helmet lock bracket.

Pay Pal is accepted. Please e-mail me at [email protected] and post in the

header, FJR, the year and if an ES model (as the left side ES models utilize a different bracket).

Thanks and safe riding! Scott

This may have already been covered Scott, but will I be able to use my brackets I had for my '05 to fit on the '15A with no to little modifications?

The Gen 1 design is very different and won't fit UNLESS you cut notches out of the side of you side covers.

06 and newer, the side covers reach fully down to the sub-frame frame rail. The 06 and up design simply slide over and clamp onto the frame rail(except the left side ES model).

Your Gen 1 location:

06 and up brackets(no outlets):

Installed:

Shucks!
Well then, guess I'll be ordering new lock brackets from you shortly.
:)

For 11 years later, much more labor involved in making the new design("3d vs your 1d"), free shipping till 8-31-16 on TWO, its not much more than paid way back then. And I haven't raised prices at all since 2006, 10 years later...

Just a reminder, one week (or so) left for the shipping offer:

Now thru August 31, 2016, (for the continental US), I'm offering Free shipping on TWO brackets or

$4.00 shipping on ONE helmet lock bracket.

Pay Pal is accepted. Please e-mail me at [email protected] and post in the

header, FJR, the year and if an ES model (as the left side ES models utilize a different bracket).

Thanks and safe riding! Scott

I just finished installing my locks on both sides of my '16 ES. I got the locks from Yamaha Sports Plaza and was able to key them to my ignition key without any trouble. Had to swap two wafers on each lock and a bit of light filing to knock one high one down and voila!, Bob's your uncle. The biggest challenge is starting the nut on the back side of the right one. After dropping it over and over, I finally superglued it to the bracket which held it well enough to start the screw. I was then able to sneak a 10mm open end in there to tighten it up. A 6mm nutsert would be perfect here. Excellent product and looks good too! Thanks Scott!

Today I moved my Helmet Guardian locks from the license plate frame to a set of these mounting plates. I opted for a single power outlet on the left side. I hooked the outlet up to the circuit on my Aboreal - Neutrino Black Box circuit for my heat jacket liner. Temperature controlled, automatic thermostat!
smile.png

The plates are GREAT!

https://koczarski.com/2016-yamaha-fjr1300es/townsendsfjr1300-scotts-helmet-guardian-mounting-plates

IMG_20170121_144603.jpg