Helmet Lock Options For The FJR?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any suggestions besides cable locks?
Anyone tried this;

https://www.ascycles.com/detail.aspx?ID=1621
I like it. Looks like the helmet lock system that came on my Goldwing. Its actually more of a deterant rather a very good security device. If someone wanted it bad enough, they'd get it. I have been lucky so far, as I usually just sit my helmet on my mirror or on my seat. During our many rides and stops at restaurants, I guess we have parked around honest folks. It would be a bummer to come out and find a $$$ helmet gone, especially in a state that has helmet laws. You'd be double screwed. I remember when helmet locks came standard on most bike on the side of the seat, usually one for the rider and one for the passenger. This setup looks clean.

I have the same lock but it's mounted on a Premier rack that my Givi is on. I used it maybe 2x. I like it because it keeps the helmet off the tire and pipes. most of the time I leave my helmet on top of the bike or I take it in with me.

I use the incredibly lo-tech solution; I use a SS safety cable looped thru a frame member under the seat, then loop the cable up between the front and rear seats thru the helmets.

I use this security bag thing that my wife bought for me at Cyclegear (I think). It's a bag with a wire mesh lining, locking mechanism, and bicycle chain arrangement.

The lock is a small luggage lock, so anyone who really wanted to get in and had a good screwdriver and pliers could get in. The same is true for the hard bags and glove box of course.

Like all these solutions I just hope it makes the bad guy go on to an easier vehicle to rob for his drug money.

I like it because I can stuff my gloves, gps, and SPOT into it also.

no cost Gen I solution I use:

there's a tab off the tank under the seat

loop D ring over tab and replace seat

3448159967_3004bf44a6.jpg

3448159969_2c6dc00632.jpg

3448159973_a7963f875f.jpg

I used the license plate ones I bought and attached them to the underside of my rack

HelmetLocks.JPG

Last edited by a moderator: