Help, need a shop recommendation.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrZappo

Can we please go riding now ?
Reaction score
Just made it down to the Florida Keys from Chicago and my rear pr3 is dying fast. It has only 5600 miles but the luggage weight must be taking its toll.

We are in key largo and headed to key West this morning than headed back North in a couple of days.

I can stretch maybe 500 more miles on this tire safely but there is no way I'm making it home to my regular shop.

Any recommendations for a reputable and reasonably priced shop between. The keys and Orlando would be greatly appreciated.

I flat spotted my PR3 rear pretty well back in 2012 on our cross country trip due to all the slab. I was probably close to the same mileage, but I wasn't concerned about hitting cord. I just didn't like the feel of the transition when leaning. (Guess I got a taste of what a car tire feels like) What are you running for pressure (cold)?

Second the wish for good luck. Key West is a long way from anywhere else.

I use a small independent shop in West Palm Beach called A1 Cycle. He has always treated me good. You might want to call him a day or two early not sure how big his inventory is in that type tire. He is more a Harley and custom guy but does tire service on any bike. He has sold me numerous tires for my Hondas and Yamaha.

Watch out...PR3s go to steel very quickly, I know many that think they have mileage to go on them but don't.
Wheatie!!

SO how is it that you know they go to steel very quickly???

Further perpetuation of the accusations of you running tires to their last cord!!

Watch out...PR3s go to steel very quickly, I know many that think they have mileage to go on them but don't.
Wheatie!!

SO how is it that you know they go to steel very quickly???

Further perpetuation of the accusations of you running tires to their last cord!!
You know the word ASSume?

I learned that I will not use PR3s from observations of another unnamed FJR rider's tire troubles and extremely fast loss of rear PR3 rubber...

...I know one drawback of running your tire to steel is a lack of traction, which may cause you to have insufficient traction to avoid the rider in front of you that you <might> have been following too closely.

wink.png

snerk.

I trust my rear to PR2s.