Help needed in Georgia

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

101stpathfinder

Trading miles for memories
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
Sunday again, and I have a flat on the trailer.

It seems to be with the valve stem. Could use a place to drop the trailer until I can recover it next weekend.

Or a tire shop that is open on Sunday...

I am north of Atlanta moving very slowly south.

Sunday again, and I have a flat on the trailer.It seems to be with the valve stem. Could use a place to drop the trailer until I can recover it next weekend.

Or a tire shop that is open on Sunday...

I am north of Atlanta moving very slowly south.
Tony, Bushtec trailers uses a 3.00 x 16" tube. If you can get to a Cycle Gear in the Atlanta area, There are 5 of them in the Atlanta area, (4 on the north side) hours are 10AM to 5PM today

You should be able to get one put in. https://www.cyclegear.com/stores

Last edited by a moderator:
Just now saw this post. Looks like he's back on the road and in Florida. What was his fix?

Last edited by a moderator:
You do not want to know my fix...
Basically I rode the flat tire from just east of Nashville to

West Palm Beach. I just had to make a few adjustments.

Salvaged a bun burner 1500 for the miles toward my 100k.
Bushtec says their 6 ply tires can be treated as a run-flat, but I think it really depends on how much weight you have in the trailer.

True, the trailer was nearly empty and when the Florida heat kicked in, I had the tires thin. I then packed wash cloths that I use for helmet cleaning inside the tires to make sure they kept form and kept the rim off the road.

True, the trailer was nearly empty and when the Florida heat kicked in, I had the tires thin. I then packed wash cloths that I use for helmet cleaning inside the tires to make sure they kept form and kept the rim off the road.
Genius Tony! and Congrats on saving the ride.
punk.gif

Chit, bro! Just now seeing this -- on Monday afternoon. CALL me next time.