Here is what I did today

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fencer

Why yes, I am a Smart ASS
Reaction score
IMG_0014.jpg

EVERY picket is hand mitred to a point. And when I say point I mean Vampire killer. (its what the customer wanted)

:yahoo:

IMG_0013.jpg

Most folks just don't want to pay for custom work other than the everyday privacy fence.

Althought this was prob one of the cheapest custom jobs I have done.

Last edited by a moderator:
All you gots to do is buy an after market desert tank and you are good to go. No need to complain about tank size.
I'm sure some aftermarket will be available at some point but as of now there's pretty much no aftermarket anything. And KTM doesn't make a bigger tank. :(
Pretty cool. You can see your results at days end.. That must be nice.

Nice! :thumbsup:

All you gots to do is buy an after market desert tank and you are good to go. No need to complain about tank size.
I'm sure some aftermarket will be available at some point but as of now there's pretty much no aftermarket anything. And KTM doesn't make a bigger tank. :(
Pretty cool. You can see your results at days end.. That must be nice.

Where did that quote come from?? :lol: :lol: :blink: :blink:

Not to rain on the parade, but it looks like the roof is going to leak.... :blink: :rolleyes: :dribble: Smitty

Nice job..... :yahoo:

Very nice. Being in the trades, I couldn't agree more about people not wanting to pay for really nice work. There are exceptions, like the house I just bid with 18.5" crown molding, and "German Silver" counter tops. Some people just know what they want, and that's that.

Ok I lied. I didn't do it in a day.

I set my 6x6 posts then my masonry guy came in to do the brick work and Then I did the rest.

But here are a few more of my not so common fences.

asbury2.jpg

asbury1.jpg

fix3.jpg

The first two are part of a perimiter fence around a new subdivision. Its too bad the architect did not listen to me on design changes. the fence would have weathered MUCH better over time. I hate working from blue prints (FOR A FENCE!!!). Just tell me what you want and let me build.

See the first post and the last pic.

The later is unique around here as it is all cedar. Common, I think, to the west coast, but around here pine is the more economical way to go.

Last edited by a moderator:
Having spent the first half of my working life covered in sawdust - I can say - Nice Work!

And so true about the pleasure to stand back after a days work and say "I did that!"

Now I can only say - er...ahhh...nice addition to that GPO for SOX Compliance..... :dribble:

Aww shux.. guess I'll have to borrow a digital camera and show ya'll what kind of fence I can build! (barf)

In as much as I'm a guy who has a fence that is toppling, I wish you were a NorCal guy. Great work.