hi from pa

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you ever say specifically what model year you got? To me the pic looks like an '08. If so, I'm thinking you need to take a breath and slow down with the typing. For instance- Idle adjustment on Gen2 is accessible without removing the fuel tank. You have to be very careful about the model years, things like idle speed adjustment change over time. It's in the Gen2 owners manual, did you download the correct year?

Did you ever say specifically what model year you got? To me the pic looks like an '08. If so, I'm thinking you need to take a breath and slow down with the typing. For instance- Idle adjustment on Gen2 is accessible without removing the fuel tank. You have to be very careful about the model years, things like idle speed adjustment change over time. It's in the Gen2 owners manual, did you download the correct year?
Yes, it is an 08.

I found it here in this other thread - https://www.fjrforum.com/threads/idle-adjustment.118355/ - It was easier once I changed search terms to "gen 2" instead of "2008"

My friend's 2022 has the knob pretty much sticking out, so I figured mine isn't as convenient. Upon hearing that it's just a knob by your right knee under the fairing, I got mine adjusted right up to 1100 rpm in like 2 minutes.

It doesn't really matter now, but I would love to be proven wrong with the user-manual... either it's not there or I'm doing something wrong. If you could show me where it's at, maybe I could learn something. I haven't been able to find it in the 08 specific user-manual I found online or from the one Chuck sent (both appeared to be the same)

You may be right, I haven't looked at one in a long time. I remember seeing a picture showing right where it's at.