Hi

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stretch160

Reaction score
Hey all. I've been riding for 30 years, but new to the FJR. this is only my second Yamaha. I put 125,000 miles on a 2005 FZ1 a decade ago and it was probably my all time favorite bike, so far. I just picked up a low mileage 2005 FJR AND hope to enjoy this Yamaha just as much.
Pic from first ride.

Attachments

• 20220709_141541.jpg
    20220709_141541.jpg
    9.8 MB · Views: 11
Welcome, and congrats with your FJR! I started my motorized career with a Yamaha FS1 (50cc), which was replaced by a Yamaha XJ900. After two Hondas I am now back with Yamaha.

Hi and welcome. Congrats on your new ride.

Hey all. I've been riding for 30 years, but new to the FJR. this is only my second Yamaha. I put 125,000 miles on a 2005 FZ1 a decade ago and it was probably my all time favorite bike, so far. I just picked up a low mileage 2005 FJR AND hope to enjoy this Yamaha just as much.
Pic from first ride.
Welcome to The Forum

Upstate SC? If that means somewhere near Laurens we might be neighbors. Welcome!

Close enough that we probably ride the same mountain roads. I am in Simpsonville.

Simpsonville! I sure miss Anita's.

Probably so on riding the same mountain roads. The choices around here are so pitiful I don't know why I even bother owning a handler such as the FJR.

My son-in-law just got his first street bike-A Honda VFR800. I had to scrape the barrel down to the bottom to come with a few mediocre destinations for his first assignment.

I told him:

With great power (and great handling) comes great responsibility. Your mission, to be completed within 22 months:

178/215, East Fork, Beaver Dam, Sassafras Mtn, Wolf Pen Gap, Suches, Richard Russell, Blood Mtn, Bell Mtn, Reliance, Cherohala, Table Rock (NC), Wayah Bald, Roan Mtn, Shady Valley, Damascus, Thompson Valley, Jeb Stuart, Paint bank, Pensacola (NC), Canada (NC), Minneapolis (NC), Trust-Luck Hot-Springs.

Advanced destinations issued after completion of first assignment.

Let's Ride!

Simpsonville! I sure miss Anita's.

Probably so on riding the same mountain roads. The choices around here are so pitiful I don't know why I even bother owning a handler such as the FJR.

My son-in-law just got his first street bike-A Honda VFR800. I had to scrape the barrel down to the bottom to come with a few mediocre destinations for his first assignment.

I told him:

With great power (and great handling) comes great responsibility. Your mission, to be completed within 22 months:

178/215, East Fork, Beaver Dam, Sassafras Mtn, Wolf Pen Gap, Suches, Richard Russell, Blood Mtn, Bell Mtn, Reliance, Cherohala, Table Rock (NC), Wayah Bald, Roan Mtn, Shady Valley, Damascus, Thompson Valley, Jeb Stuart, Paint bank, Pensacola (NC), Canada (NC), Minneapolis (NC), Trust-Luck Hot-Springs.

Advanced destinations issued after completion of first assignment.

Let's Ride!
all my old stomping grounds from Damascus VA down to Suches GA. there's certainly no shortage of great roads around here. 60 and 58 are to of my favorites.