Hidden high mileage

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Certian models had a issue with the milege report on tje dash and the whole dash was replaced as the fix. Once done it could result with a co.pleate reset of the milage reported on the bike.
Wasn't this only for the 2006 when it was released? Owning an '05 since it was new, I recall being interested in the model changes when the new blue Gen.IIs came out. Though I don't recall what the nature of the error in the instrument cluster was, it seems to me it was an error that coincided with the Gen.II release, that Yamaha remedied it (with new instrument clusters) pretty quickly, and the problem disappeared.

See https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/125614-fjrf010-17mpg-readout-issue/

Last edited by a moderator:
I had my instrument cluster replaced due to the paint blistering under the instrument face plate screws. This was covered either under my extended warranty or the factory for some other reason. Mileage was approx. 25,000 at that time.

My rubber was looking very used with 17000 miles on the bike. I even ordered a new one (that's how used it was). As others have said, not a good indicator of 'age'.

My rubber was looking very used with 17000 miles on the bike. I even ordered a new one (that's how used it was). As others have said, not a good indicator of 'age'.
Yup, best to replace your worn-out rubbers before they're too far gone.
rolleyes.gif

You should count your shifts -- like Odot -- 'cause that's how this shit wears out.

Thanks for the advice and encouragement fellas.

Much appreciated.

Will stop being a fanny and just ride her and look after her from here on
punk.gif

Obviously your no longer worried but FHIW, I bought mine with 10k miles and the shift boot was completely worn. The PO didn't know how to ride and was only riding 1k miles a year. My guess is he rested his foot on it, (not good for the shifting arms), or slid a boot off it each shift. I've put more than on the bike and the new shift pad still looks new. Thus, it's a riding style.