high mileage ?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timalan

Reaction score
just curious ... who wants to brag about high miles on their FJR and problems along the way. how are they holding up?

Timalan

Well, the highest mileage I'm aware of is skooter's - he's somewhere north of 90,000 miles on his '04, not including all of the miles spent sliding or falling. Include those and he's well over 100,000.

Me? I'm at a piddling 43,500 on my '05.

Hmm.....seems H Marc made his web page code dynamic. Try here and one will need to choose the Mileage option. Revised old link.

An aquaintance of mine has an 03 FJR w/118k miles - - one of my very best friends has been the mechanic for the bike since day 1. Can't give you specifics at the moment (I'm out of town) but I do know the bike has had minimal trouble.

AGirl

All is revealed here.
Ahhhhhh...........the memories. *Sniff* *Sniff* I hadn't been to the Micapeak FJR Registry in a long, long time. For cryin out loud, my last entry was dated 9/11/2003. Just a few short weeks after taking delivery of my beloved FJR. Well, it's a bit more updated now, but I still have some work to do. Here are some gems from my first entry way back when...........

- A whopping 900 miles!

- Under "Problems" - "Tank/crotch heat is more than I would like. Not horrendous though. A little buzzy. "

- Under "Comments" - "Will be selling the 87 Connie soon. Still getting used to the FJR. Its a grea bike. Wow, the engine."

Ahhhh, the old days.

Well, the highest mileage I'm aware of is skooter's - he's somewhere north of 90,000 miles on his '04, not including all of the miles spent sliding or falling. Include those and he's well over 100,000.
Me? I'm at a piddling 43,500 on my '05.
94,700 on the dirty ol whore these days. Won't be adding anymore anytime soon, as she is in the midst of receiving some much needed TLC from my last abuse of her on the Black Rock Playa. But she will ride again! Just don't be expecting her to look like some pristine garage jewelry. She still pulls strong however, and has been very good to me. Wish I could say I have returned the favor.

As for you 'Nut, if you need some help getting out of 'piddling' territory, I would be more than happy how to show you the finer points of sliding and falling. :blink:

Now there was a forum member who went over 100k on his 03, and shortly thereafter the engine torpedo'd. It's killing me, but I can't remember who it was. As for his engine, pretty sure the problem was due to an incorrectly set-up PCIII dangerously leaning out the engine.

I know a local Phoenix area rider who has 111,000 on his 03. He is not very active on the forum. He had his cam chain tensioner replaced twice, and on the 2nd time (at 66k) also had his cam chain and cam gears replaced.

An aquaintance of mine has an 03 FJR w/118k miles - - one of my very best friends has been the mechanic for the bike since day 1. Can't give you specifics at the moment (I'm out of town) but I do know the bike has had minimal trouble.
Wow! That's the most I have heard of. Outstanding! :clapping: :yahoo: Who is the owner? And why isn't he here on the forum?!?! :rolleyes:

wow! so if I buy now... the 40k by the end of summer .... it won't be totally worn out. I wrench my own so I just don't want to wrench all the time. I had an 81 maxim and I was always tightening something but it never quit on me.

Timalan

Now there was a forum member who went over 100k on his 03, and shortly thereafter the engine torpedo'd. It's killing me, but I can't remember who it was. As for his engine, pretty sure the problem was due to an incorrectly set-up PCIII dangerously leaning out the engine.

That would be me and you are correct, it was do to the PCIII being way to lean.

I now have 107000 miles and all is well.

25000 and only real issue is that i go thru tires like mad on my 05. It is time for the 18 month checkup tho.

and i agree, the seat does suk after about 300 miles IMO. Going to try jel inserts. Cant really see the funding on a new seat.

Last edited by a moderator: