High River Alberta to Kelowna

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McRide

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
If one was in a hurry, is it best to get from High River Alberta to Kelowna BC going (a) north thru Golden/Revelstoke or (b) south thru Cranbrook/Grand Forks? They're both twisty but I have no 1st hand knowledge about those routes.... I know, two seasons in BC: Winter and Road Repairs... 

I have no idea. Can't give you any advice.  However....

1)  Where was my invite for this ride?

2)  If you are riding in that area and don't head north along the Icefieds Parkway I am going to ride over to San Diego and punch you in the face.

JSNS!

If you're not in Canada now, do you have a secret way to get there? Reach out to Fastjoyride. He can give you a lot of information. 

Hey McRide,

As a Canuck that has experienced both those routes a few times in past years, I can offer that the northern route is scenic, but a likely to be a little faster.

The norther route is about 645 Kms (394 miles), while the southern route through Cranbrook is 853 Kms (531 miles).

The southern route also offers really nice scenery, but just the extra twisty bits / geography you'd have to cover will cost you at least 2 more hours on the road.

Not that I'm gonna judge which trick you'll be using to get across the border (and have to self-quarantine) though...

I have no idea. Can't give you any advice.  However....

1)  Where was my invite for this ride?

2)  If you are riding in that area and don't head north along the Icefieds Parkway I am going to ride over to San Diego and punch you in the face.

JSNS!
Did I Stutter?  ... will it hurt less if I bite real hard on a stick whilst said punch is enroute?

Hey McRide,

As a Canuck that has experienced both those routes a few times in past years, I can offer that the northern route is scenic, but a likely to be a little faster.

The norther route is about 645 Kms (394 miles), while the southern route through Cranbrook is 853 Kms (531 miles).

The southern route also offers really nice scenery, but just the extra twisty bits / geography you'd have to cover will cost you at least 2 more hours on the road.

Not that I'm gonna judge which trick you'll be using to get across the border (and have to self-quarantine) though...
Thanks for the 1st hand info... getting a trip lined up for September fingers crossed the borders are open, if not I will be at least 14 days north of the border.