Hill country FJR ride

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same here, hence my suggestion for a Thursday afternoon arrival, ride some Friday and more on Saturday

I've been staying at the flying L ranch resort in Bandera the last couple of years...great place with multi types of accomodations. Might want to check it out.

So? Is this ride a go? I'm in if so. Live in San Antonio so it's no big deal to meet up wherever. Been riding the Hill Country for 30 years now and know the roads like the back of my hand.

Weekend of 3/18 works for me. Actually, most weekends will work! :)

I'd be interested but that's a bad weekend for many folks with school aged kids. Spring break is next week and taking the family camping so that rules out the weekend for me.
I'm all about a weekday ride. Much fewer people out there and less traffic.... what's not to like?
Guess being retired has a few benefits....

Agree with sparky in that week days are optimal with less traffic around. I’m retired in San Antonio so for me weather is the main factor. I know for many a weekday is out.

On June 17 I plan to leave the Leon Springs area, ride the Sisters, then down to Del Rio, out US 90, taking a gander at the Pecos Gorge from the two bridges, then overnight in Sanderson to see the Milky Way (new moon). On Sunday I'll head back by way of the Caverns of Sonora. If anyone else is interested, do come along! I'm going, regardless.