Holeshot header install

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sailsetyr

Reaction score
Getting ready to install my Holeshot headers on my 06 and know their

was some info with photos around. Tried to find it but unfortunately

came up empty. could someone point me in the right direction? TIA.

Don't recall seeing any photots. I know there's a few posts if you search, however, having just done it myself, I can assure you that if you follow the included installation instructions, it's a VERY simple install. Personally, I found it easier to remove the radiator. I know some have done the install by just pulling it out of the way.

I will also be installing my hole shot system soon, I just have to wait for my Black Satin Cans to arrive, pcIII.

I think I will just change the oil, spark plugs and flush and fill the collant while I am doing this.

I will be sure to take some photos and post them, might even try to figure out how to record some sound clips, of them.

... I just have to wait for my Black Satin Cans to arrive, pcIII.
Black satin cans!?!? :blink:

Did you change your mind.....or did I guilt you into it?
you know, I originally wanted the black cans, then some how aloud myself to be talked/suggested that the polished were a more practicle choice.

Then I looked at my bike which is full of black and blue and I already had shinny cans on it!

So I discussed with Dale since i had already tried to change it prior to them shipping but they shipped my order like the next day.

Dale was great and said i would have to send them back and he'd send me out the black one, the more we talked the more I decided to wait until they got here to take a look at them, one of the ends of the boxes the cans were in was opened/ not taped so i took a look at it, they are sharp!!!! but me being me, besides the top case i have is black, with the silver banding so i just wanted something that looked different!

I can not wait to see them! i choose not to get the logos on the sides and just let the laser etched end caps speak for themselves.

But yes, I will give you and whom ever has the black satin cans posted on the holeshot web site credit as they look great.

If they tame the heat and give my bike a growl then cool! plus i have started running with out the side cases lately, so I cut the stock shield down, put my small tecnic tank bag back on and just use the top case for gear storage while in work.

All in all except for my boots , i can store my tank bag full of electronis, jacket, pants and helmet in my E52!

You should post up some pictures of those cans, so I can get an idea of what my new plastic lowers and pipes will look like!

i also cut down my stock windshield last week and love the air flow I get, so if the cats removed takes care of the slow moving radiant heat i will be good to go!

To bad i had to have a fall to push me to purchase the system, otherwise i would still be stock!

but the price of the cans alone estimate from a dealer is paying for my system, why put stock back on at that price....

I will be shipping the polished back tonight on the way home, and await by trumpets!!!!! :rolleyes: