Holeshot header

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you read the obvious stuff yet from their website at Holeshot Website?

slip-ons really enhance the beauty of the bike, wake up the performance and offer a nice smooth exhaust note.

slip-ons weight about half of what the stock mufflers do.

It was 2 to 4 horsepower ahead all the way up to redline and about 2 to 4 ft-lbs of torque also.
and of course the disclaimer stuff:

All Holeshot Performance Products are intended for closed course racing purposes only, never to be used on any road or highway anywhere in the world. Many of our products are illegal on pollution controlled vehicles so installing them is at the sole discretion of the buyer. Be sure to check your local laws. Holeshot Performance Products is not responsible for any engine damage that may occur from improper installation of any of its products.
I would imagine if you show up to a Yamaha dealer with a broken engine and you had this exhaust on it they could not honor your warranty. If you, say, put your old exhaust back on....well guess that would be between you and your conscience.

Benefit? Weight, no cats, bling. There is always bling, can't have too much bling. Warranty? If Yami could prove the exhaust somehow caused the problem, yeah. But I can't think of one situation where that could happen (other than driveablility, as in lean, but the PCIII would fix that asap). Not a concern for me, I'll be amongst the first in line for this one.

I dunno about this mod... Noticed all of the funky stock cans on the new bikes? Seems to me that the mfgr's are trying to beat the Feds to make it impossible to change out the stockers because of noise and pollution standards.

Having said that, I can see the day coming real soon where bikes will be smogged just like the cages and Johnny Law will have another vehicle code to enforce and write you up for...

I dunno about this mod... Noticed all of the funky stock cans on the new bikes? Seems to me that the mfgr's are trying to beat the Feds to make it impossible to change out the stockers because of noise and pollution standards.
Having said that, I can see the day coming real soon where bikes will be smogged just like the cages and Johnny Law will have another vehicle code to enforce and write you up for...
Well if it does happen (and it probably will) it'll happen first in your enlightened neck of the woods.

twn (et all),

There are already federal emissions and noise standards for bikes, have been for years. (Why do you think the 2-stroke went the way of the dodo?) In fact, if you take a look at your stock pipes, there's a stamping that states they are Fed legal and that if you tamper with them, they can slap your peepee.

Currently, those standards are not enforced. Butt, if you get on the wrong side of your local Johnny Law, and you've modified the intake or exhaust on your bike with non-approved parts, he can make your life relatively unpleasant and expensive.

What benefit is the header? I have his exhaust. Will it void the warranty. Anyone? Mike :unsure:
I orginally posted in this thread but instead started a new thread so everybody will have the opportunity to see the info.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wish he made it a 4 into 1, to drop the weight some,plus it would really look nice without the luggage on too.

Did you read the obvious stuff yet from their website at  Holeshot Website?

slip-ons really enhance the beauty of the bike, wake up the performance and offer a nice smooth exhaust note.

slip-ons weight about half of what the stock mufflers do.

It was 2 to 4 horsepower ahead all the way up to redline and about 2 to 4 ft-lbs of torque also.
and of course the disclaimer stuff:

All Holeshot Performance Products are intended for closed course racing purposes only, never to be used on any road or highway anywhere in the world. Many of our products are illegal on pollution controlled vehicles so installing them is at the sole discretion of the buyer. Be sure to check your local laws. Holeshot Performance Products is not responsible for any engine damage that may occur from improper installation of any of its products.
I would imagine if you show up to a Yamaha dealer with a broken engine and you had this exhaust on it they could not honor your warranty. If you, say, put your old exhaust back on....well guess that would be between you and your conscience.
For everyone's information, fjrvtx1300s's bike is the '03 FJR in the Holeshot videos and sound clips.

Mike, if you haven't had your ticker fixed, I wouldn't go for the header yet, unless you want to hang it in your garage and wait until the bike is repaired.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts