Holeshot Map

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sportynow

Reaction score
Hey all, I have installed the complete Holeshot exhaust system which has lessen the heat coming up. I recently rode with over 500 bike down in New orleans and was able to wear my mesh gear with no problems!! Actually the mesh was my riding gear for that trip. I installed the db killers initially but didn't like the "bla-aa-aat" sound when rolling on the throttle. Without the db killers it's slightly louder but a more throatier, deeper sound

Now I'm hoping that someone has a dyno map for this complete system. The one supplied by Dale is just too rich-mileage is down an I suspect the plugs may be fouled, the db killers had carbon deposit.

Thanks past, present and future info!!

I just bought an 06 with a full Holeshot system and a PC3 with a custom dyno map. I can send you the map later if you want, I'm at work right now. You probably know a custom dyno map made just for your bike would be best, but this should get you in the ballpark.

The one supplied by Dale is just too rich-mileage is down an I suspect the plugs may be fouled, the db killers had carbon deposit.
I've been running the one Dale provides for about 5000 miles. I just swapped my plugs out for iridiums and the original plugs were fine. Dale's map does richen the mix (as does most any other map); not necessarily too rich.

I just bought an 06 with a full Holeshot system and a PC3 with a custom dyno map. I can send you the map later if you want, I'm at work right now. You probably know a custom dyno map made just for your bike would be best, but this should get you in the ballpark.
Thanks, I just made an appointment with Seacoast Sport Cycle in N.H., referred to them by New England performance who no longer does dyno

What condition is your air filter in? If you're getting excessive soot on the db killers, you're "way" rich. Just sayin"...

What condition is your air filter in? If you're getting excessive soot on the db killers, you're "way" rich. Just sayin"...
I asked the dyno guy, Jessie at Seacoast Cycle about that-he said the filter should be OK....but since you mentioned it I'll check. Yes I did remove the db killers (deeper sound)and had the dyno done. I haven't checked the mpg yet but am sure it's a lot better now.