Home Safe Thread.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thought I'd mention this. After returning from SFO I let the bike set for a day. It was dirty, so I washed it on Tuesday. After washing it I took it out for a spin around the county on my regular hour-long route.

There is a long straight section where I usually let it wind up a bit. Uh oh. After all the hooliganism while at SFO, I get stopped by a State Trooper just 5 miles from my house. First time I've been stopped in 15 years or so..

87 mph in a 55. Dang. But, being the solid, upright senior citizen I am
rolleyes.gif
, the Trooper gave me a written warning. Thanks Trooper.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="philellis123" data-cid="1071832" data-time="1370319118"><p>

Hey All,<br />

<br />

I made it back home to Colorado Springs around 6 this evening(monday). I explored South 7 and 16 into Fayetteville on the way out of Akansas just to add a few more curves to the weekend memory before going through Kansas(awful) on the way home. I am now a believer of all that swore that there were GREAT roads in Arkansas, there DAMN SURE was! There was also no shortage of great riders at SFO! Special thanks goes out to Marty, Mike(Canadian), and Gramps for showing me Push Mt. and some (for me) VERY spirited riding! I may have been channeling some of the spirited riding mood on the way through Kansas, as I was given a performance award(speeding ticket) by a less than happy state trooper. I suggested the "stern warning" that cetain Canadians seem to be able to get away with, but no joy for me :( <br />

<br />

By the way, anyone that skipped SFO due to weather, you have officially made it into the "PANSY" catagory. I was the lone person camping at SFO, and thunderstorms are FUN!<br />

<br />

Phil</p></blockquote>

Great riding with you, Marty and Mark, I had a blast! Really sorry to hear about your performance award, you need to travel with a Rob. I still haven't made it home yet, another couple of weeks to go. I really had a great time and it was fun meeting y'all eh.

Mike