Home Safe Thread

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coondawg07

Reaction score
I hate that I had to be the first one home to start the thread, but I made it safely. Hopefully everyone else makes it with the same result.

Myself and Miss Lorrie have arrived safely in Valley AL after a trip to Little River Canyon with the Redfishes, Pants, Poolboy & Cav47. Great time, hope everybody makes to the house.

Ha! Smack-town! Glad you are back safe. I will report for cornbread seeing how he doesn't know how to function on the forum. He made it home safe.

I hate that I had to be the first one home to start the thread, but I made it safely. Hopefully everyone else makes it with the same result.
I could be worse. You could have only gotten 25 miles from home before turning around.

Redfish and Pop are both home safe. About to start going through the pics.
Lets see if we can find photographic evidence of RFH smiling
My friend,

Pics of me smiling are extremely rare.

This:

Was because of this:

Just kidding. She was awesome. And you have my respect for riding like you did two up like that. Your forum name should be Side Grinder. Please give my best regards to the Lovely Miss Lorrie. She was the loveliest part of our entire day.

I misunderstood the topic.

I was going to recommend models from Fort Knox.
Liberty already has that situation on lock down.
Nice. I looked at those two. I liked the corner pins in the FN door.

starcorner-300x252.jpg

That's roughly half - also heard from almost everyone else in other posts.

Me and the missus stuck around a few more hours, burned some trash, swept a little bit, gathered chairs, took lights down and then took a nice soak in the hot tub. Then we eased on home around 5 p.m. to see our waiting puppies wagging their tails! Our husky mix gave us a good tongue lashing for being away for a few days, but soon she was in my lap licking my face. Life is good.

Pulled into my driveway about 2 pm CDT. 2600 miles and 7 days. Not too shabby.

What a trip, man. What a wonderful adventure.

I could be worse. You could have only gotten 25 miles from home before turning around.
Sorry. No sympathy.

I was 35.0 miles from the house Saturday morning knowing that I was only going to be able to make the last night of SFO when I had a stupidity contest with myself and this happened:

I rode right back home, installed my original shield and hauled ass toward SFO. I wasted 70.0 miles and 1hr 42 minutes. But I made it to SFO.

Pop and I would also like to extend our sincere gratitude to whichever of our FJR friends left these on our bikes Sunday morning:

We don't know who you are but we toasted you with happiness and best wishes Sunday night with those beers. Thank you.

I was privileged to meet one of my forum heroes and she turned out to be as perfect as I had hoped. FJRFarrier, I am still your biggest fan.

It could be worse. You could have only gotten 25 miles from home before turning around.
Sorry. No sympathy.
None expected. Its just that I was surprised this tire failed. Hauled dirtbikes 250 miles the prior week. Fortunately failed at only 62 MPH (track log on GPS). Considering the 2 tires on the ground and spare were same age I decided it best not to try to risk 325 miles without spare, and finding a 13" trailer tire or two in local shops is sort of difficult. My Yamaha dealer had two on the showroom floor complete with new wheel, only $189 each. Three new tires from Sam's Club arrived today, $140 delivered. Plus another $10 for metal valve stems. Will mount them soon and haul wheels to Sam's for $3.88/wheel balancing. Thats cheap and I like my trailer to roll smoothly. Should be in good shape for years to come.

Not an hour before the tire failed I verified 50 PSI and checked for cracks, cuts, or punctures. And checked the wheel bearings tight and turning smoothly.

7_Tire_Failure_2_zpsvcmot9mj.jpg