Home Safe

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got home safe yesterday afternoon after taking a leisure trip up the Wisconsin side of the river and a slab ride across Minnesota. The weather is predicted to be sunny and 70s and 80s all week. Sounds like perfect weather for riding Minnesota lake country and viewing the trees turn. The wife says its the end of September, and I better have the deck built before winter.
moil.gif
Hopefully I can finish the deck and squeeze a ride in this last week of vacation.

Blindman and Mrs both made it home safely. Just posting this because I was accused of being just some perverted lurker on the forum at NAFO.
bye.gif
See I really do post once in a great while. Thanks to everyone who worked on putting this together. Great time, great rides and great company all around.

Got home Sunday right at 6pm. Made a 3.5 hour ride into a 8.5 hour ride. Had to make up for staying in my room all day Saturday. It was great seeing everyone I had met before plus all the new people this year. Now I need to rest up for Hooterville.

Returned home Sunday 4 1/2 hour ride stopped in Winona MN for fuel, lots of straight line wind and hail damage in Winona fro Saturdays storm. Luckly it died out before it got to La Crosse.

My first FJR event - good times! Kudos to the crew that made it happen. Fun to meet folks and see all the bikes.

Rolled up the Wisconsin side of the big river pretty much all the way home. Played hopscotch with a few other FJR folks along that route. Hearty brunch in Alma at Pier 4 (contrary to reports elsewhere no pie was involved). Nice chat with Abercombie FJR in Prescott. Tread bars are showing down the center of the rear tire so I'll need to freshen the rubber for fall adventures!

I was somehow allowed back into the Great White North after spending the night at Bust's. No blood, no foul.

Thanks to all the NAFO crew and attendees for a great event.

Great time and met some new freinds. Made it home ( cool and some rain) safe and sound, and getting ready to hit the road for EOM....

Blindman and Mrs both made it home safely. Just posting this because I was accused of being just some perverted lurker on the forum at NAFO.
bye.gif
See I really do post once in a great while. Thanks to everyone who worked on putting this together. Great time, great rides and great company all around.
Nice meeting you and yer better half, and thanks for participating in our table antics at the banquet!

Oh - by plan, Sooze and I aren't home yet. We are heading home tomorrow.

Left Lacrosse on Sunday morning with my buddies Charlie (Huey Lewis) and Owen (Owen) to make it half way home with an overnight at Gaylord Michigan.. Had it all on the ride - rain, wind and construction! Hit the hot tub and got a pizza before having a good sleep on Sunday night. A beautiful albeit CHILLY ride across the border at Port Huron Ontario Canada. Trees were changing and the scenery was magnificent. Parted ways with Huey and Owen around Woodstock and ripped home to get the post office before 5pm - waiting for a couple of important packages. Made it in time but the packages hadn't arrived yet.
sadsmiley.gif

What a great few days! There is nothing better than waking up in the morning knowing the only thing I had to do all day was ride my motorcycle! It doesn't get any better! Great to see old friends and meet new ones! Thanks to everyone who helped organize this event. Looking forward to the ride reports and pics!
smile.png

Sooze and I rolled into home about 45 minutes ago. We rode a bit over 2500 miles for this rally and it's time to change the erl in the bike and head to NAFO on Thursday.

Huge thanks to Rick, Marty, and everyone who contributed their efforts to making this a FANTASTIC rally! We had a fantastic time with fantastic people!

Sooze and I rolled into home about 45 minutes ago. We rode a bit over 2500 miles for this rally and it's time to change the erl in the bike and head to NAFO on Thursday.
Huge thanks to Rick, Marty, and everyone who contributed their efforts to making this a FANTASTIC rally! We had a fantastic time with fantastic people!
See you two in the Valley!

Just got home last night and now tomorrow on the road again for EOM. (A stop at Traxxion first)

Dave and Sylvia are just now home from our most excellent NAFO4 adventure. Almost 4,000 miles on the SUV and trailer and just over 1,000 miles on the FJR riding it around on yummy Wisconsin, MN, Iowa and Illinois roads.

Many, many thanks to Rick and his crew for putting on another first class FJR event. Met a lot of wonderful new friends once again - life is just better on an FJR!

Last edited by a moderator: