Hooterville 2017, who is going?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is a post in the other sandbox but I couldn't find anything here either. Its on my radar but I'm still undecided at the moment.

This is from the other site:

Attendees:
Allen_c
Gramps
Petey
0face
'Zilla
Abercrombie FJR
Silverback
Prestone
Aireboss
griff
Intech & his selfie stick
Omnimo
zzzzip

Maybe's:
Rayzrman
RacinRay
BlacknWhite23
Baowow
FJRfarrier
Wheatie
Smitty141
NTXFJR

I haven't heard about Hooterville 2017. When / Where? I'm probably too late anyway. My FjR needs repairs and tires. I guess I could bring the ZRX, or the Burgman -- no, not the Burgman .... LOL

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Abercrombie FJR" data-cid="1380538" data-time="1507382956"><p>

Its looking doubtful that I will be there but I will be playing it by ear to see if I can sneak away. </p></blockquote>

You are retired, what can possibly keep you away?

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Abercrombie FJR" data-cid="1380538" data-time="1507382956"><p>Its looking doubtful that I will be there but I will be playing it by ear to see if I can sneak away. </p></blockquote>

You are retired, what can possibly keep you away?
HaHa, you wouldn't believe me if I told you. I am driving semi, hauling sugar beets for the annual sugar beet harvest. I have been hauling sugar beets for two high school buddies family farm since we graduated 37 years ago. The harvest usually starts October 1st and runs about 10 to 12 days if we have good weather. I told my buddies I would haul from October 2nd to the 11th so I could attend EOM and Hooterville.

Sugar beets have to be handled and stored correctly to last the several months it takes to process them into sugar. Well when I returned from EOM it was too wet, then it got too hot for a couple days, then it got too cold, and tomorrow its supposed to be too hot again. Any way out of the 9 days of help I promised them, I have only been able to haul for 3 days so I caved and said I would stick around and help them get their sugar beets harvested. Lining up enough help to man two twelve hour shifts for 4 tractors and 6 semis plus simultaneously harvesting Soy beans is a big under taking and I got soft and stayed to help out. Hoping to see everyone at SFO if things work out around here.

Well yesterday the sugar beets were too warm to harvest and safely store for the winter so instead of heading to Hooterville the old 999 got a workout. I was hoping for another Minnesota lake country leaf peeping ride but the colors have really taken a hit the last several days as we march toward into winter. It's not Hooterville with friends but I had a great day riding a few corners on the Italian mistress.

IMG_20171012_134549380-X3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well yesterday the sugar beets were too warm to harvest and safely store for the winter so instead of heading to Hooterville the old 999 got a workout. I was hoping for another Minnesota lake country leaf peeping ride but the colors have really taken a hit the last several days as we march toward into winter. It's not Hooterville with friends but I had a great day riding a few corners on the Italian mistress.
IMG_20171012_134549380-X3.jpg
She's purty