How a front tire should wear

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dcarver

Reaction score
Check it out.. worn out sides, tread in center? Yep, this is a Candy Butt Association tire!

DSC01295-1.jpg

DSC01297-1.jpg

I'm not sure... I ride like a wimp (mostly) and my XJR (1300SP) tyre (front) looks just like that and needs replacement... I put it down to under inflation but then checked pressure and it did not seem too bad but maybe gauge was inaccurate (i measured around 2.5Bar) Keen to hear other responses for another cause...

Huh? :unsure:

I've never seen a front tire on an FJR that doesn't have a little unworn area (chicken strip) before. Even when the back is worn to the edges, the front generally has a little left unworn.

That tire must have a very shallow profile or, as previously suggested, have had a close relationship with an angle grinder...

You're coming into summer...you don't need know stink'in grooves, it ain't gonna rain for a while. Uh, I mean you got a bunch of miles left in that tire :lol:

You get more traction with slicks B)

Looks like purely a track day tire. I've never had the opportunity or luck to wear one out like that, even though I live in the Rockies and hunt the twisties. Wow!

Purely from a physics standpoint, it would appear that tire rotation was rather slow when it was leaned over so far,

thus making it even more impressive. :nea: