How does the Idle speed adjuster work

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skifrik

Reaction score
I just put in a CC, and when I went to test it the idle speed was about 1400 RPM. This caused the shift not to work on my AE. After turning the adjuster quite abit down I got the idle down to 1100. Does anyone know why the idle speed would have jumped after a CC install. And just to start things out, there is plenty of slack in the chain.

Your connection of the chain to the throttle tab is likely interfering with the throttle's closed resting point. Below the throttle tab is a bolt that points straight up. When the throttle is closed the tab rests on the tip of this bolt. Something about your connection to the tab is probably getting between the tab and the tip of the bolt. So the throttle can't completely close.

Check to make sure your connection mechanism doesn't extend below the lower edge of the throttle tab.

The idle adjustment on the '06 is done via a separate air valve and air hoses to the throttle bodies.

It could I suppose. You can easily disconnect your CC vacuum connection to the throttle bodies and put the little rubber caps back on and see if the idle drops back down.

More likely though your mechanical connection to the throttle tab is interfering with the tab's closed stop point.