How does this work?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SCOTTIE

Reaction score
I was recently on a trip, stalled at a light and the bike wouldn't restart. It would appear that the original battery in my 2007 finally failed !! I bump started it and turned round and went home. I was thinking that I would like to carry a set of jumper cables and came across this system on Amazon.

My question is that the supplied harness has a 15A fuse in it. Is that man enough to handle a jump start? I already have a powerlet socket hardwired to the battery that has a 15A fuse in it so can I use that instead of the supplied harness?

I carry this instead of jumper/booster cables.
I know an old guy that is extremely frugal a world class cheap-ass bastard that actually spent money to buy this jump start battery pack (to start all his motorcycles that he is too cheap to fix and buy parts for) and it works great. He has abused the battery pack by taking the battery out of his 1968 460 CID pickup truck and has actually started the truck once ambient got over 50⁰. I'd have to go with his opinion and say that this battery pack is the real deal. For just about the same price as a new battery.

Last edited by a moderator:
I contacted the company directly and here is their response

Good Question, The Jump Start Battery Harness that comes with our EK1-115Jump Start kit is actually 2 Battery Harness's in one Housing. Only the SAE Plug Side of the Battery Harness is protected with a 15 ampfuse link so you can use this plug for your Battery Charger and all our CellPhone Charging units plug into this side so all your electronic equipment isprotected against any kind of Serge. The Bigger Female BMW Style Jump Start Plug is a 12 Gauge 2000 amp straightinto the battery Jump Start Plug with no15 Amp Fuse link. Your question is correct, If our Jump Start side of this harness had a 15amp fuse link it, Then it would not work because your cranking Amps are 450Amps to 1400 Cranking Amp just to start your Bike and this will not workgoing through a 15 amp fuse link. We also have a 3 year unlimited warranty on all our products. If you haveany more questions please do not hesitate to contact me at your earliestconvenience.

Looks like a good deal to me.

Bump start the piece of shit... I did it for 2 years.Never melted jumpers or battery wires.

But then again I've been riding before the new age, gay riders needed electric start. My foot didn't have electrics.

I would like to see a #12 wire carry 2000 amps and a FJR starter that would draw 450+ amps.:) :) :) :)

No f*cking way!

The Amazon system could be useful for recharging a flat battery from a 'donor' bike if both bikes are equipped with the same type of socket.

But there is no way in the world that this system could be used to start an FJR.

I carry this instead of jumper/booster cables.
I know an old guy that is extremely frugal a world class cheap-ass bastard that actually spent money to buy this jump start battery pack (to start all his motorcycles that he is too cheap to fix and buy parts for) and it works great. He has abused the battery pack by taking the battery out of his 1968 460 CID pickup truck and has actually started the truck once ambient got over 50⁰. I'd have to go with his opinion and say that this battery pack is the real deal. For just about the same price as a new battery.
Yeah, I know one of them too
rolleyes.gif
. I have a Motobatt sitting around just itching to be put in the bike when the OEM dies. I've been waiting for the "any day now" to arrive but so for it hasn't. But the PPS has helped a few other folks along the way too including the HD guy at a gas station with a dead battery, the Toyota guy at McDonald's with a dead battery and the other Toyota guy at a gas station with a dead battery. Plus a couple lawn mowers and tractors along the way. It easily paid for itself making this c-a bass turd very happy indeed.