How Dumb Are We Going to Get?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BackintheSaddle

Reaction score
During my ride yesterday, I stopped and grabbed something to drink and some munchies. One of the things I almost always get for snacking is nuts; this time almonds. I didn't finish everything so I shoved the leftovers in my riding jacket and snacked on them this morning after I got to work.

As I was perusing the packaging this morning I happend across the allegery warning and found this:

"Contains Almond Ingredients" - seriously on a pack of almonds...that has a picture of almonds on the packaging that is "...enlarged to show texture." WTF???

Seriously have we come down that far? It makes me want to scream...... :angry2: :dribble: :glare: :blink:

yep, I guffawed a few days ago when I opened a can of "South Beach Diet" mixed nuts...cashews, macadamias, almonds

In prominent lettering on the can above the food labeling is "this product produced by machines that process nuts"

Wow, thanx for the warning; that was a close call...whew...

And remember - McDonalds coffee is actually HOT!
there's no ladder surface showing through the warning stickers these days

and I remember well the warning on the lawnmower deck not to pick it up while running

an idiot jury awarded a settlement to some dude who used his lawnmower as a hedge trimmer and got hurt

Last edited by a moderator:
In one my many carreers I was a civil forensic photographer.

I worked for a personal injury law firm and took photos to be used

as legal evidence in court, if necessary.

I still can't believe some of the things I've seen.

I think one of my favorites involved a screw driver that was

stamped "Do Not Use As A Chisel".

I've seen enough lawn mower and chain saw incidents

to last a lifetime, TYVM.

I was at a local gun shop today. next to the cash register was a box of plastic blow guns, each one clearly labeled " Do Not Inhale" :dribble:

It's worse than you think. Check this out: LINK
We need to link up this family with the thread about the $30K snow globe. Mom could buy the HD bubble and keep her kid in it. Nice and safe from those pesky squirrels.
The squirrels aren't the problem... it's their nuts!! :D

squirrel_nuts.jpg

Seriously have we come down that far? It makes me want to scream...... :angry2: :dribble: :glare: :blink:
Yes....yes we have. All I have to do is pull any firearm out of my safe and read the lawyer-based warning stamped into each barrel warning me that "guns could be dangerous". No $hit Sherlock.

:blink: :huh:

In my younger years, I remember seeing a superman Halloween costume with the label: "Warning: Wearing cape does not enable wearer to fly."