How far would you ride to grab lunch round trip?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

RossKean

Reaction score
274 kilometers (plus a border crossing) each way from Fredericton NB to the Eagle's Nest in Brewer Maine for a Lobster Roll! One of the best and biggest I have ever had. This was a number of years ago - prices are way up on lobster this year!

Also did 700 km to Stowe Vermont for a "free" barbeque at an event. In all fairness, I stayed for a couple of days.

Reaction score
I always wondered what the riding up in Canada would be like (areas like the YouTube guy Fortnine...films in)......

RossKean

Reaction score
I always wondered what the riding up in Canada would be like (areas like the YouTube guy Fortnine...films in)......
Like the US - infinite variety and anything from crowded urban to mountain vistas to coastal splendour. A lot fewer roads and a lot fewer people.
Perhaps nothing comparable to desert heat or southern heat/humidity.

Reaction score
Like the US - infinite variety and anything from crowded urban to mountain vistas to coastal splendour. A lot fewer roads and a lot fewer people.
Perhaps nothing comparable to desert heat or southern heat/humidity.
Well, that in itself maybe a great thing less people, maybe less distracted driver's on the road. Only thing is the border crossings to and fro theses days

RossKean

Reaction score
Well, that in itself maybe a great thing less people, maybe less distracted driver's on the road. Only thing is the border crossings to and fro theses days
Border crossings aren't normally that big of a deal although there are still some Covid hangovers. A major pain in the ass right now but most people don't have a problem with it.

You need appropriate documentation and a passport and have to apply ahead of your visit. I am hoping this crap gets dropped soon.
See the following website:

ArriveCAN

Reaction score
Looking forward to a trip to Canada although I hear try and stay away from Quebec not exactly motorcycle friendly. I been around the great lakes u.s. side I thought maybe a trip on the northern side of the great lakes

BigOgre

Reaction score
274 kilometers (plus a border crossing) each way from Fredericton NB to the Eagle's Nest in Brewer Maine for a Lobster Roll! One of the best and biggest I have ever had.

Always wanted to get there but never made it. Heard it was best to bring along someone to share it with also.

Knifemaker

Not me
Reaction score
99DDE760-737B-42FF-BF40-D98E991BF30B.jpeg Not sure if the name trapshooter, will have to look at the check. Meanwhile here’s some actual Canadian geese.
We finally made it to Canada

blchandl2

Reaction score
A little over 500 miles. Started in Kokomo, IN to ride somewhere east of Cincy for a hamburger at a fundraiser to help a young man with leukemia. The ride home took us into and across KY, and back north through southern IN.