How hot does it get under the feejer's seat

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mcgyver74

Reaction score
Was curious if anyone knows how hot it gets under the seat of the FJR? The reason I am asking is that I have my Starcomm installed under the seat, and i want to hook up my Ipod Nano under there. but I am concerned it would be too hot for it even though it is flash based.

The idea is to have it under the seat, with a remote control for being able to pause/trackup-down...

Just want to make sure the underseat heat and vibrations won't kill it :)

Had my Starcom under my seat for 50K or so and no issues. There does get to be a build up slowly of road grime so I would suggest laying some plastic over the top it. Assuming the Nano is solidstate and not a hard drive it likely would be OK. Most of these electronics have temp specs that exceed the ranges of the temperature changes under there.

The maximum temperature you can expect to see under the seat of a Gen II FJR, under standard operating conditions, is approximately .7469 standard Fonzies.

It will kill you if you decide to take up residence under there. :dead:

Ask Bluesman. He killed off his colony of Gerbils this way..

:jester:

Is that iPod Nano fart-proof???
I guess the answer is this, It all depends on how big your butt is, the outside temperature, how long you rode, and the color of your seat..... :poster_oops:

Uh oh, RadioHowie and Bustanut joker! Looks like we're screwed, blued and tatooed on this one, Guys! Oh by the way, what the hell is an iPod Nano? Saludos, Chuy

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts